Capital Regulatory Policy VP
London, England, United Kingdom
Leading Investment Bank is currently searching for an experienced prudential regulation professional to join their London or Frankfurt desk. This role has been created through an internal move and this role would be a key part of the Capital Policy team focusing on issues outside of the UK Regulatory regime.
- Analysing and advising on current and future EMEA capital policy regulatory issues with a particular focus on the European regulatory rules contained in CRDIV and upcoming changes through CRDV.
- Advising on the prudential regime, interpreting aspects of the current framework and providing advice to internal stakeholders,
- Engage with external advocacy efforts.
- Participation in the process for approving new business initiatives and determining their effect on the regional regulatory footprint and complex transactions dealing with structuring teams.
- Key point of contact for various business heads on capital policy issues
- Proven experience in a prudential regulation either from another Investment Bank, Regulator or Big 4 Consultancy
- Strong knowledge of capital policy including market/traded risk
- Extensive knowledge of prudential regulation for Investment Banking include CRD IV
- Knowledge of Pillar 1 and Pillar 2 aspects of the capital framework – desirable
- Ability to understand and interpret complex rules frameworks
- Ability to communicate clearly, and explain unfamiliar concepts or rules in simple, memorable terms whilst also influencing ability when required
- Good project management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate who is looking for a high profile regulatory policy role in a market leading Investment Bank. The role offers realistic progression for the candidate to move into a Director level position within 12 months. This role can be based in either the London or Frankfurt offices.