Capital and RRP Manager
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Capital and RRP ManagerThis is a new high profile role with responsibility for the EMEA Recovery & Resolution Program. Based in Finance, the Capital and RRP Manager will work with stakeholders across the organization to develop high quality Recovery and Resolution plans that comply with all relevant rules and regulations that are fully aligned with regional ICAAPs and ILAAPs. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain a holistic understanding of Northern Trust's legal structure, business activities, and governance across the region.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
1. Regulatory developments
• Responsible for monitoring BRRD and related regulations in the EMEA region to ensure compliance with rules and regulations relevant entities
• Assist with the analysis of other areas of prudential regulation across UK, Luxembourg, Saudi Arabia, Guernsey and Ireland
• Play a pivotal role in the regulatory developments tracking process and providing succinct analysis of relevant regulatory developments to Management
2. Recovery planning for NT'S European Bank entity
• Overall responsibility for the production and annual refresh of the recovery plan.
• Review and update the governance and invocation procedures for the plan
• Review, update and develop the financial indicators incorporated into the indicator framework
• Analysis of Critical Economic Functions
• Review and update of the entity's recovery option suite
• Review and update scenario analysis (idiosyncratic/systemic & combined)
• Liaise with partners from the business to identify and evaluate any disposal options
• Lead and manage a periodic test and walkthrough of the plan with Senior Management
• Incorporate any changes recommended by local regulators
3. Group Resolution plan
• Review and update content within the material EMEA entity chapters that form part of the US Group Resolution plan
• Assist in other Resolution plan work streams if required by the US Resolution Team
4. UK Resolution pack
• Work with the business partners and corporate functions to refresh the Resolution pack for material entities in the UK
5. EMEA ICAAPs & ILAAPs
• Provide support throughout the production cycle for UK and other EMEA ICAAPs, working with business managers, risk and other areas of the organization as required. This work will comprise elements of financial modelling, regulatory interpretation, scenario creation and analysis.
The candidate will have strong analysis and communication skills and the intellectual tenacity required to understand complex business operations and evolving regulatory requirements. Prior experience of RRP, ICAAP and ILAAP gained in an international bank or consultancy, with a proven record of interpreting and applying regulatory requirements.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $139 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management