Cash and Balance Sheet Forecasting and Analysis Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
Exciting new opportunity has become available for a Cash and Balance Sheet Forecasting and Analysis Manager reporting into the Cash and Central costs Finance Controller within Sainsbury’s Argos.
At Sainsbury’s Argos, the great digital transformation is under way. It’s our aim to become the digital market leader in choice, value and convenience, so our Finance teams are more important to us now than ever before. They’re the people who provide support across the business and help make the crucial decisions that will allow us to develop into a leading digital retailer.
We have joined Sainsbury’s in our journey to become a leading retail organisation and ensuring we place our customers at the heart of everything we do. Together we have a great opportunity to build a brilliant future and do a fantastic job for all our customers.
As Cash and Balance Sheet Forecasting & Analysis Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of end-to-end cash budgeting & forecasting, liaising with Group Treasury team for cash “highs & lows” and owning the balance sheet controls process.
The team is responsible for providing great financial control and compliance across our balance sheet and central costs focus and analysis to ensure we are delivering to the expectations set by the Sainsbury Argos board across all head office costs with the aim to create a culture of more accurate cash forecasting lead by the commercial and operational leaders in the business.
As Cash and Balance Sheet Forecasting and Analysis Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Manage the process to produce an accurate cash budget & forecast that provides clarity on our financial cash position and how that links to profit and BS whilst highlighting and recommending ways to improve our liquidity
- Manage the weekly cash reporting with key insight produced on a timely and accurate basis
- Ensure great balance sheet controls and compliance is adhered each period an to summarise this period performance through a monthly meeting and risks and opportunities to schedule
- Manage the period end process and preparation of relevant management accounts pages that analyse the BS and cash position of the company vs forecast and prior period/year actuals
- Create a culture of cash understanding and ownership throughout the business
Your skills & experience will include:
- Qualified Finance Professional
- Drivers of business performance and the levers available to impact performance
- Strong Excel and numerical skills
- Assertive, challenging, driven and confident with strong inter-personal skills
- Sounds coaching and team leadership and development skills
What you’ll get in return:
If being part of a hugely influential Finance team wasn’t enough, you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and bonus scheme you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, company car benefit, 24 days holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, health care, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat