Bp has set out a new strategy that will shift the company from being an international oil company focused on producing resources to an integrated energy company focused on delivering solutions to customers. Want to join a company working towards a better future for our planet?
Central Market Risk Lead
Bp Trading and Shipping
London – Canary Wharf
Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world.
In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, fuelled by world-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy trader.
We consider Central Market Risk as a key control position within the T&S Finance organization. You will be accountable for providing deep business understanding and control through the delivery of value-add reporting and analysis. This role holds the primary interface into the trading front office for the overall T&S portfolio, balancing independence with a business enabling partnership. This position requires a deep understanding of the activities within Market Risk and MI Analytics in order to meet the team’s core accountability of delivering independent daily exposures, MVaR reporting and analysis.
- In this role you will evaluate the risk of potential loss in the T&S trading book due to adverse market moves, and provide a high quality, flexible analysis service.
- We need you to communicate results with Front Office and senior leadership and proactively identify and communicate any issues.
- Regularly engage in discussion with Front Office and Senior Leaders about exposure taken and risk/reward profiles.Ensure trading strategies are understood and both challenge and/or support Front Office appropriately with independent views within a risk management framework.
- Advise upon and directly contribute to ongoing system and model development for the measurement of risk and carry out model reviews to help ensure standard methodology is followed.
- Provide the coordination/drive for the identification of market risk issues, identifying possible solutions and support implementation of the preferred approach with Commodity Risk and IT&S.
- Work with the Commodity Risk Analytics Network to ensure that adequate market risk discipline and control prevails in the business.
- Degree (preferably in Science), or equivalent experience
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Previous Market Risk or relevant Front Office/Analytics experience; acquired working either within BP or within the energy trading sector.
- You are a great teammate able to operate within a sophisticated and dynamic trading business. In addition, you have the interpersonal, communication and decision-making skills, coupled with sound commercial discernment to build credible relationships across T&S.
- Good knowledge of MS Office Excel
- You should have a good level of technical ability in programming languages, preferably Python and/or Excel VBAA good understanding of the fundamentals of commodities trading, including familiarity with options, derivatives and other trading instruments.
- Ability to network effectively with other desks and cross regions to build strong working relationships and support knowledge transfer to promote standard methodology within Market Risk across T&S.
- Strong focus on delivering solutions in a timely and effective manner with minimum guidance or supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.