Change Manager - Private Assets - Asset Management
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
Schroders requires a contract Front Office Change Manager with experience of working on Front Office projects in Asset Management.
Change Manager / Project Manager - Asset Management (Private Assets, Front Office)
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £447 billion* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of
Schroders' culture and core values of Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence are fundamental to our success, and it is important we reflect them in everything we do.
*as at Dec 2017
Group Change designs and delivers solutions to enterprise level challenges. It consists of four capability teams: Business Consulting and Architecture, Lean and Agile Operational Excellence, Enterprise Change and the Group Change Practice COE. Enterprise Change delivers large, complex solutions that impact more than one function. There are two specialisms - programmes and merger & acquisition integration. Schroders SAFe Agile is the standard for change delivery in the team.
Overview of role
Type of work
Primarily assignment will be project manage the delivery of a Private Assets Operating Model across the business, which may include:
- Change Management:
- Creation of the business case for initiatives being considered, with the aim of concluding on the potential value add / cost-benefit analysis of embarking on that initiative. (Encompasses financial analysis, definition of business drivers, assessment of risks etc. To be used by the appropriate governance forum to decide whether to progress with an initiative / decide between options)
- Advisory to the Steering Committee for projects / programmes of work with the aim of ensuring successful delivery and maintenance of strategic programme objectives
- Creation of high-level plans / roadmaps to describe the necessary elements to achieve a target state
General and Technical Skills
- Strong understanding of the Asset Management industry required (Front Office)
- Knowledge of Private Assets, Private Equity or Real Estate is required
- Strong knowledge of project management and change management
- Understanding of business change management skills and best practice, gained through experience of working enterprise change or consultancy teams
- Experience of business process and technology change
- Experience of M&A Integration project or project management experience in a large programme
- An expert understanding of change management disciplines, processes and tools, including:
- experience of each of the key stages of change delivery
- planning and progress tracking mechanisms
- effective means of monitoring and managing issues, risks and dependencies
- strong reporting skills
- managing stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and manage own activities in the best interests of the organisation
- Builds trusting relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Able to build consensus and influence outcomes, including adapting communication style to suit audience
- Collaborative team player who will want to succeed as part of a high performing team
- Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Logical, structured thought processes and good problem solving skills
- Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the process
- Strong communication skills - written, pictorial, presentational and verbal at all levels within the organisation
- Able to demonstrate initiative
- Focus on quality
- Experience of Agile working practices
Overview of Domain Knowledge required
- Broad investment management experience gained primarily in a Buy Side organisation, in two or more of the following areas:
- Front Office processes as they apply to Private Assets, Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
- Middle and Back Office processes as they apply to Private Assets, Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
- Distribution, marketing, web, collaboration and CRM
- Corporate functions required to support the running of an Asset Management organisation such as Risk, Finance, Procurement, IT, HR, Legal and Compliance
- Relevant Change Management qualification
- Can develop new ideas and approaches that impact on existing methods, policies and approaches.
- Able to maintain non client relationships with entities and individuals external to the organisation to bring alternate approaches to challenges faced
- Self starter who is ready to own responsibility for coordinating and planning the objectives and activities.
- A technical minded person with a desire to keep abreast of ever changing Asset Management and technology industries.
- Confident enough to be able to challenge business ideas where they do meet stated objectives
- Able to build a positive profile across the organisation
- Able to build strong relationships across the organisation from a position of trust
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.