Channel Development Manager – Permanent, Full-Time:
To engage with existing channels, and to research, identify and on-board potential new partners and distribution platforms for the Structured Retail Products and Euromoney TRADEDATA businesses of the newly established Derivatives Data Services group UK Working Hours: UK 09.00–17.30 (7.5 hours plus one hour break) Billericay and London, UK Based April 2021
Due to continued business expansion, the newly formed Euromoney Derivatives Data Services business group is recruiting a permanent, full-time Channel Development Manager. The rôle involves working as part of a team of and being the interface between channel partners and internal sales departments. The Channel Development Manager position will report to the Business Development Directors or Structured Retail Products and Euromoney TRADEDATA. These businesses are currently enjoying significant growth in their markets and this is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a demanding and exciting environment.
Working UK hours, this is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in successful subscription only businesses supplying essential reference data to a global portfolio of investment banks, hedge funds, independent software vendor and regulatory bodies.
Candidate skills required are:
Skills and Experience:
- Five years of either consultative business development, account management, partner development, or channel development
- Ideally prior channel management experience in the financial reference or market data industry
- Ability to engage with various levels of hierarchy within channel partners
- Demonstrable energy to inspire channel partners’ sales team(s)
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to manage business network contacts
- Good understanding of data and data products
- Comfortable presenting and closing complex value propositions to senior management
- University honours degree in finance or computing related course
- MS Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Creative and resourceful thinker
- Good interaction with staff and working with teams
- Very good organisational and planning skills
- Ideally, experience gained within a futures & options and/or structured products trading environment or support background would be extremely beneficial, although, not essential
- A very high standard of focus, accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to communicate to peers and management clearly and in a timely manner on activities
- Willingness to go the extra mile to support the Business Development Director, Euromoney TRADEDATA and SRP teams and channel partners.
- Excellent communicator, active listener and socially perceptive
- Innovative in their quest to help channel partners effectively sell their product
- Ability to use analytical skills to analyse Key Performance Indicators to determine the health of a channel partner relationship
- Exemplary high standards of honesty, integrity and endeavour
- Ability to use initiative in identifying day to day issues and challenges and recommending appropriate course of action(s)
- Results orientated
- Disciplined in budget analysis
- Time creative
- Motivated and good motivator
- Have flexibility in day-to-day work environment
- Strong and engaging personality that channel partners appreciate and respond to.
- Futures and Options trading or support background
- Structured Products trading or support background
- MiFID II, EMIR, PRIIPS and other global regulatory frameworks.