Chief Compliance Officer Wanted by Leading UK Bank
- £250-£350k Base + Benefits + Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
My Retail Banking client based in London is looking to bring in a Chief Compliance Officer into their senior leadership team. The position will be a varied role where you will be ensuring that the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed and that appropriate controls and surveillance are taking place.
The successful candidate will direct operational compliance activity through active leadership and advise the Board of Directors on compliance matters.
The Chief Compliance Officer will also be responsible to implement conduct controls to embed compliance culture, oversee and ensure that all appropriate regulatory returns are made on time and have oversight of regulatory permissions and variations of permissions.
You will have responsibility to develop and implement the compliance monitoring programme, undertake an annual compliance risk assessment and manage the development and delivery of compliance training.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Develop polices, material and training programmes to educate employees on compliance issues.
- Implement and oversee the compliance monitoring programme.
- Oversee the reporting framework.
- Act as first point of contact for regulators.
- Independently investigate and act on matters related to compliance, including the flexibility to design and coordinate internal investigations.
- Work closely with the General Counsel and other control functions to build an effective governance and control framework.
To be successful in the role you must have the following:
- 10+ years' experience working in a compliance role or environment
- Previous experience as Head of Compliance/MLRO or Deputy Head of Compliance/DMLRO
- Retail Banking experience
- Good understanding of the European regulatory framework is an advantage
- Knowledge of, and experience with, regulatory reporting and risk management
- Strong analytical, attention-to-detail, and problem-solving skills
Our client is looking to bring on-board an individual ASAP so will be interviewing as soon as you apply.
For more details, apply now.