Chief Data Officer
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever. What will you be doing?
Data is key to Funding Circle's strategy. We aim to continue to drive how we leverage advanced analytics to drive the offerings and experience that help small businesses win.
The Chief Data Officer is responsible for setting and embedding the vision when it comes to the way Funding Circle leverages their data practice effectively. The person would be an influential executive where collaboration with Risk and Tech teams are paramount whilst driving a high performing data engineering/science/insights and analytics function.
- Define and implement FC's Data Strategy ensuring alignment across Tech, Data & Risk. Bringing the organisation on the journey we are taking as we scale multi product and multi channel
- Provide clear and authoritative direction to a mixed skilled and mixed level team; coaching and developing them to achieve success (teams include data engineering, data science/validation, analytics and insights and more)
- Champion and develop each of the disciplines within the function to a standard that meets the needs of the organisation.
- Partner with business units and other stakeholders to develop credit strategies to meet business goals
- Build and maintain strong relationships at senior and executive levels across Funding Circle to understand and shape their planning to take advantage and drive value from data and information
Why should you join us?
- Ability to create a compelling vision for all matters data and to engage across organisational domains to secure support and commitment to that vision - driving innovation and technology and culture change
- Demonstrable experience of developing and executing on data strategies that have driven real value in the organisations they serve
- Excellent communicator who can interact with internal stakeholders, external partners and regulatory agencies
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, demonstrating the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Help cut through ambiguity during times of ideation stage to market delivery through effective influence (up to board level)
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve - as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers - let's build the incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.