Chief Product Officer (S&P Global Platts)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
S&P Global Platts is seeking a Chief Product Officer to manage a $650 Million product portfolio and deliver key financial results
Location: London or New York City
The Role: The Chief Product Officer of S&P Global Platts is responsible for defining and achieving sales growth and profitability goals by product bundle, consistent with overall Platts short and medium term targets. They are responsible for conceiving and architecting the product strategy for each of our key markets and simplifying the go-to-market by taking a platform approach with fewer products and aggregated bundles. They will lead an ‘A’ player Product organization and set the tone from the top for driving a culture of accountability, excellence and delivery. The Chief Product Officer will execute reliably, delivering products in the right format on time and on budget.
Team: This position will manage 40+ Employees
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage a $650 Million product portfolio and deliver key financial results
- Set revenue growth objectives for products and key performance indicators to track progress
- Extend a strategically aligned and fully integrated set of product offerings
- Stay informed of developments in the commodities markets and translates this knowledge into commercial viable solutions
- Simplify the business and streamline product development lifecycle for greater effectiveness, showing increased speed to market and increased usage metrics
- Rationalize the product portfolio, offering fewer products in aggregated bundles
- Partner with the CTO to create and execute a strategy to migrate legacy products onto the S&P Global platform
- Partner with the Sales and Marketing teams to develop customer account plants and go to market strategies
- Align Talent and Capabilities to ensure high performing teamwork and seamless execution
- Align the product organization structure to fuel our agile product development methodology
- Establish a scalable User Experience discipline
- Work across the organization and implement a product management framework
Functional and Business Knowledge
Understand the strategic goals for S&P Global Platts as well as cross functional strategic imperatives that are relevant to the Product Portfolio. Understands how work of team impacts cross functional leaders and works to ensure alignment. Utilizes intelligence on customer research, pricing trends, product performance, and competitor offerings and is a recognized source of information and guidance on these subjects. Knowledgeable of Product Management Life Cycle and how that works with Agile Software Development Lifecycle. Strong experience implementing a product management framework that spans across the organization. Partner with Sales and Marketing to develop customer account plans and go to market strategies.
Ability to influence and operate within a matrixed, global environment
Typical Scope & Impact
This role is key to ensure that leaders across Product teams, IT, and Platts core functions are aligned and standard procedures are in place for execution, reporting, and continuous improvement.
- Executive Leadership
- People and team management skills
- Execution orientation
- Product management expert and role model
- Experience implementing a product management framework
- Expert in a scaled agile framework
- Experience in managing a diverse portfolio of products
- Comfort working across sectors
- High level, strategic thinker, visionary, big picture
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Able to balance customer, product, and market viewpoints, bringing them together as one strategy that delivers financial success
- Product Management certification is preferred
- MBA/MA or equivalent work-related experience, preferred. Extensive product management experience in managing teams or projects, influencing senior level management and key stakeholders. Experience and knowledge of Financial Services environment is preferred.
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.