Our client is a overseas bank based in the west end. An opportunity has arisen for a Chief Risk Officer to ensure the bank is in full compliance with Credit, Operational, Market & Liquidity Risk in accordance with the banks Risk Appetite Assessment.
Overall responsibilities will include:
· In partnership with the Board you will develop, update and implement the Bank’s Risk framework
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, specifically CRR, CRD, BIPRU, GENPRU & SYSC, and preparing the Bank for future regulatory changes.
- Preparation and updating of ICAAP, ILAAP, CFP, RRP and other Risk Policies, as and when necessary in conjunction with the CFO.
- Responsible for the maintenance and analysis of the Enterprise Risk Register, ensuring root cause analysis of all material risk incidents, and providing recommendations to the MRC on risk mitigation actions.
- Quarterly reporting to the board on appropriate risk metrics, KRIs, risk appetite and policies
- Oversee stress testing of risk exposures to identify sensitivities and identification and articulation of reverse stress test scenarios.
- Review Credit proposals to ensure they meet the Bank’s Credit risk acceptance criteria, are within the Board approved Credit risk appetite
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in a senior risk management function within a financial institution
- (ESSENTIAL)Previously or currently be approved by the PRA in an SMF4 function
- Technically strong with business credit lending and a good understanding of Basel III, BIPRU & GENPRU, ICAAP, ILAAP, CFP and RRP
To be considered for this role please apply now