Chief Risk & Compliance Officer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Hamlyn Williams
- 14 Jun 18 2018-06-14
Our client is a leading international payment firm that requires the services of a Chief Risk & Compliance Officer, for its growing London based operation that specialise in international payments, multi-currency accounts, and FX services to SMEs and PSPs with a turnover of up to £50 million a year. They have created a bespoke service to bring innovative, international banking and transparent fee tariffs to their clients.
- Accountable for establishing and leading a comprehensive, independent risk management framework, which will deliver robust and effective risk oversight.
- Guiding the firm and management in understanding and effectively addressing my clients risks.
- Report to the Board and Audit and Risk Committee on the adequacy and effectiveness of the risk management process, identifying areas of mitigating and remedial action, including driving implementation as applicable.
- Managing the relationship with key stakeholders including external regulators, and ensuring the firm meets regulatory risk management requirements.
- Establish and manage the firms' risk appetite and risk framework in relation to key risks including, but not limited to: credit risk, operational risk, regulatory risk, conduct risk and reputational risk.
- Is accountable for the consolidation, agreement, and management of the firm’s key risks as held within the firm’s risk register.
- Establishing and leading the firms' Risk and Compliance function to provide effective oversight to the business; ensuring the firm can adequately identify, measure and report on key controls and that the right staff has the right skill sets to support the management of the risk framework.
- Work closely with the business leadership team to develop credit risk processes including supporting the due diligence process for external counterparts.
- Ensure that the risk management systems and data used are fit for purpose.
- Effectively represent both Risk and Compliance/MLRO functions with internal and external stakeholders.
- To promote a culture of responsible risk-taking throughout the firm within a controlled environment.
- Identifying risks and controls encompassing all areas of the firm’s business, evaluating the adequacy of designed controls ensuring they are correct and consistent. This will include the ICAAP and the Pillar 3 reporting.
- Collaborate with external and internal auditors to assess, technology and operational measures to ensure they are adequate.
- In conjunction with CFO, maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Develop and implement procedures for the identification, classification, assessment, and mitigation of key risks
- Develop and regularly update a Risk Assessment covering all areas of the firm’s operations, ensuring mitigating actions and processes are in place and responsibilities for particular risks are allocated and monitored.
- Assessing results to determine the appropriate remedial action and correcting internal control deficiencies identified through the Risk Assessment process.
- Implementing processes to ensure that records are maintained for operational risk events that occur and for financial losses experienced.
- Evaluating risks presented by transactions with third-parties and affiliates and advising thereon.
- The Head of Compliance& MLRO will have oversight of the Compliance and MLRO function, but the CRCO will be required to provide leadership to the team, ensuring a proactive approach is taken with regard to compliance issues with the firm.
- Ensuring that the Board of Directors, Senior Management and employees comply with the rules and regulations of the UK and all other relevant regulators.
- Ensuring that the firm’s policies and procedures are being followed and that behavior in the firm meets the Business Code of Conduct and Systems and Controls obligations.
- Shape my clients' response to the increased regulatory requirements, and help protect the integrity and reputation of the firm
Contact: 0203 911 2733