My client a leading financial organisation is currently looking for a Citrix Engineer to join their User Platform Engineering team. My client is in the process of transforming and modernising our user platform environments with an emphasis on modern management, self-service, DevOps, infrastructure as code, automation and consumerisation of the user experience
My client a leading financial organisation is currently looking for a Citrix Engineer to join their User Platform Engineering team.
My client is in the process of transforming and modernising our user platform environments with an emphasis on modern management, self-service, DevOps, infrastructure as code, automation and consumerisation of the user experience.
The Citrix Engineer will have a large amount of autonomy to define, design and build the future state of the Citrix infrastructure. With remote working and agility becoming more important to the business, you will be critical in delivering solutions to support mobility.
The team is responsible for design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the global desktop estate and associated infrastructure.
This role will suit someone passionate about Citrix, automation, modern remote access solutions with the drive and imagination to deliver change and modernisation to their existing infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of Citrix and Powershell.
- Evaluating, Designing and implementing Citrix solutions.
- Delivering 3rd Line Operational support
- Performance troubleshooting, tuning and root-cause analysis of complex performance and stability issues.
- Extensive scripting experience.
Technologies used at my client include:
Windows 10 (desktops, laptops and ESX hosted VDI’s), macOS, Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, Citrix Workspace Environment Manager, UE-V, Bitbucket, VMware ESX, Grafana, Jira, Slack, Systrack, DUO, Citrix Netscaler, Octopus, DSC, JAMF Pro, Powershell, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM/ConfigMGR), Citrix User Profile Management.
Type of profile that my client is looking for;
- Are an experienced engineer with a deep knowledge of all things Citrix and automation.
- Are very hands-on, always looking to experiment, learn, and explore new technology.
- Enjoy building and supporting scalable and resilient systems.
- Excited by End User Technology and the opportunity to bring radical change to an organisation.
- Are able to clearly analyse problems, and design with appropriate solutions.
- Have a clear view on what a modern user platform infrastructure should look like, and what tools are needed to implement it.
- Are looking for a broad role that encompasses everything from evaluating/testing new tools, designing/implementing, and on-going support.
What you will do;
- Play a key role in designing and delivering the future state of the Citrix infrastructure and remote access solutions
- Transform manual processes into fully automated solutions.
- Responsible for the maintenance and continuous service improvement of Citrix.
- Introducing new tooling and technologies, to continuously improve the User Platforms.
- Work closely with colleagues across the business to understand the challenges they have and implement tools to improve their experience.
- Proactive monitoring and remediation of issues and concerns
- Providing operational support for Citrix and ensuring that all systems are available and performant.
- Maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across Technology and the business.
- Ongoing development and continuous improvement of the Citrix platform.
- Conceiving and implementing strategic projects and initiatives to ensure that the Citrix platform remains relevant.
- Ensuring systems compliance with security standards and audit requirements.