Client Assets Operations Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
We are looking for an individual to join our Client Assets function. Responsibilities and scope of role will include all aspects of the client asset function - both daily control functions and project/business analysis within Global Control and also the distributed support that sits across global Operations and other divisions such as business areas, Legal, Compliance and Technology etc.
Operations are a multi-faceted division that turns ideas into business realities. We partner with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside that vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. The Client Asset team within Global Control is responsible for ensuring compliance with FCA Client Asset regulations. They are responsible for the daily client money lock up calculation and analysis of client balances across a broad range of business types within the various regulated entities. The team also are responsible for regulatory reporting, new business analysis and implementation, driving forward various projects to develop and improve risk and control frameworks and liaison with regulators.
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Contribute to efforts to enhance & maintain current CASS risk assessment and control framework across all FCA regulated entities.
• Work with Legal and Compliance so as to keep up-to-date with client asset rules and regulations.
• Participate in the implementation of rule changes impacting Operations teams.
• Participate in Client Asset initiatives.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong academic record.
• Knowledge and experience of CASS regulations preferred.
• Must be a self-starter who can liaise with various teams both regionally and globally.
• Must have strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas, provide timely escalation.
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows across multiple business types required.
• Demonstration of strong organisational and project management skills required.
• Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationship with key stakeholders within and outside of Operations essential.
• Good influencing skills to work with the Operations team in challenging the status quo and continuously enhancing the control environment required.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.