Client Engagement Manager
The Client Engagement Manager is focused on ensuring our clients maximise their benefit from their partnership with Xceptor. We don’t simply want our clients to achieve their objectives; we want them to exceed them, expanding their adoption of Xceptor’s best in class software to achieve the operational efficiencies and success they dream of.
You will achieve this by developing and using your product knowledge, technical experience, relationship management and delivery skills to benefit the clients you work with. Your style is consultative, you use your enthusiasm, expertise and strategic thinking to help overcome challenges on the client’s journey towards intelligent automation. You will have a delivery-centric approach, with a strong grasp of what is important to the client and what success looks like, collaborating across teams to achieve this.This is a role that requires the individual to directly contribute to client and Xceptor success, providing strategic thinking and getting involved in detail in equal measure.
The role requires focus across 4 key dimensions:
a) enabling the client and users to deliver and succeed with their current objectives
b) helping the client to expand their use of Xceptor to maximise their investment
c) providing operational governance across the account, and
d) providing subject matter expertise to customer and internal teams to drive successful outcomes
- Own and develop the delivery relationship with stakeholders across on-premise or SaaS clients; act as the customer’s primary escalation point for issues and challenges they face
- Understand the client’s strategy; establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship and drive continued value of our products and services
- Proactively work with clients to establish their critical goals or other key performance indicators and aid the client in achieving these goals.
- Act as the client’s primary technical contact for Xceptor, providing technical oversight to the engagement. Conduct technical working sessions, help the customer with high level solution design, drive the adoption of Xceptor best practices and help triage technical requests before coordinating with other Xceptor teams
- Lead Xceptor’s delivery to the customer by providing strong operational governance through planning, prioritisation, progress tracking and reporting, service reviews etc.
- Directly manage the scope and delivery of well-defined projects and/or customer professional services engagements where separate project management is not necessary. Manage the communication and delivery of new releases / service changes to SaaS customers
- Help drive user engagement through sharing Xceptor product expertise, providing advice and guidance to users and stakeholders
- Provide product subject matter expertise to the customer, and provide SME for the customer’s objectives and use cases to internal Xceptor teams
- Enable users to develop and enhance their Xceptor knowledge and skills, driving adoption and use of Xceptor Connect services
- Conduct user sessions to provide hands on training of the Xceptor platform and demonstrating pre-existing configurations and new features; hold webinars covering product functionality and use cases
- Advocate client needs/issues cross-departmentally with a diplomatic and level-headed approach, including liaising between clients and our product team to provide feedback on new and existing features
- Identify new opportunities for existing customers and/or identify areas of improvement, working with sales as necessary
- Ensure appropriate resources are aligned to deliver expected customer and Xceptor outcomes
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who is naturally driven, ambitious and tenacious and able to demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm for learning and using application knowledge to provide a high-quality service to customers
- Excellent client facing and interpersonal skills
- Delivery proficiency: Experience working with customers to deliver software solutions, managing activities across application deployment and operational (“run”) phases
- Technical proficiency: familiarity with programming concepts and SQL, experience of building complex spreadsheets for transforming/visualizing data.
- Solid problem-solving skills and ability to show good judgment in decision making
- Excellent time-management skills, with the ability to personally own and drive problems to resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: you will be frequently writing, reading, and speaking to explain often complex technical and product concepts, and you should be comfortable with technical and non-technical audiences in one-to-one, group, workshop and presentation scenarios
- An ability to work under pressure, in a constantly changing and rapidly evolving work environment and industry
- Experience setting goals and collaboratively guiding projects, people and processes towards their attainment
- Technically minded with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) degree is preferred, but we will also consider applicants who are qualified through experience gained.
- A background in financial services / tax services ideal but not essential
- Experience delivering / managing Fintech SaaS services is advantageous
- Strong commercial awareness