Client Fulfilment Associate
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Jun 18 2018-06-13
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Client Portfolio Solutions
Client Portfolio Solutions (CPS) is a BlackRock investment group focused on delivering whole-portfolio asset allocation and portfolio construction services and solutions to meet our clients’ growing demand for outcome-oriented investment solutions in the face of challenging markets, greater complexity and rising regulatory scrutiny.
CPS provides a single point-of-contact for custom portfolio construction, with individual Client Chief Investment Officers offering multi-asset expertise and owning the design, delivery and performance of custom portfolio solutions for our clients. These experts are segmented by client channels, including DC and Wealth Management Platforms, Pensions, Insurance, Foundations & Endowments, Family Office, Official Institutions and Multi-nationals. CPS is also organized into three major regions – Americas, EMEA and APAC – with teams responsible for qualifying client inquiries and identifying solutions that recognize the importance of understanding and addressing client needs and preferences through a local lens.
CPS brings together the best of BlackRock’s real-world investment expertise, premier asset allocation and macro research, and industry-leading risk analysis capabilities to offer our clients a holistic, differentiated portfolio construction experience.
Our team is made up of experts in strategic asset allocation design who partner with investment professionals in Fixed Income, Active Equity, ETF and Index, Multi-Asset Strategies and Alternative asset classes to blend multiple sources of return to maximize long-term performance.
We draw on the insights and thought leadership of our Portfolio Research Group, a dedicated capability within the BlackRock Investment Institute to provide clear, unified portfolio construction and asset allocation best practices for our investment teams and clients. And working with sales teams empowered to engage our clients on a whole-portfolio basis and leveraging our risk-management expertise, built around Aladdin’s industry-leading analytics, we are committed to setting a new standard of excellence in partnering with clients to achieve their outcomes.
Our important and fascinating work is at the very center of a quickly evolving asset management industry and embodies BlackRock’s strategic commitment to meet our clients’ evolving needs and expectations. We envision a bold and exciting future and invite you to join our team.
Client Portfolio Solutions is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce regardless of race, national origin, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marriage or civil partnership, or religion or belief. We are passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees are valued and respected. Consistent with our diverse client base, we recognize the benefit that diverse teams bring to the success of our business.
Who we are
The Client Fulfilment team works within Client Portfolio Solutions to manage the implementation of Client Portfolio Solutions Outsourced CIO and other client engagements. Rooted in BlackRock’s longstanding culture of objective problem-solving, the Client Fulfilment team collaborates with teams across the firm to ensure an outstanding client experience for Client Portfolio Solutions clients and to ensure consistency and best practice across the collection of Client Portfolio Solutions mandates.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the operational aspects of Client Portfolio Solutions mandates, ensuring the client set-up conforms to best practice for the BlackRock operating platform
- Co-ordination and implementation of client investment mandate change for both new and existing clients by working in a team with Client Portfolio Solutions Portfolio Managers and Investment Strategists
- Working closely with the Global Sales and Operational team to deliver high quality and timely client change and service
- Applying portfolio strategy views to legal documentation by drafting the investment guidelines for IMAs and producing instruction letters. This role also includes obtaining internal front office approvals
- Assisting the investment reporting production groups, including quality control reviewing of reports
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to enhance Client Portfolio Solutions’ operating environment
- Providing subject matter expert support to the stakeholders responsible for handling client queries relating to operational set-up including client legal documents, implementation and reporting
- Responsible for resolving client requests regarding operational and data aspects
We are looking for people who are:
Accountable: You feel personal ownership for the work you do and an aspiration to be better
Exacting: “Good enough” is simply not good enough
Curious: You like to learn new things and are happy to challenge the status quo
Empathetic: You have an uncanny ability to “put yourself in others’ shoes”
Experimental: You make mistakes, but learn from them
Finishers: You drive things to completion
Intellectual: You want to outsmart the problem
What you should have:
- Degree or higher level qualification and demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Previous experience in asset management or financial services, preferably across multiple asset classes and investment disciplines
- Knowledge of capital markets investments (i.e. understanding of Fixed Income, Equities and Cash-related products) and of Derivatives
- A core understanding of the operation and applicability of derivatives to pension and insurance clients
- Excellent communication skills in writing and speech; capable of connecting with multiple audiences
- Experience managing and working with multiple stakeholders
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills
- High level of self-motivation, ownership and initiative
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Excellent team player
- Achievement of CFA, FRM, FSA or equivalent qualifications (or progress towards) encouraged but is not required
- A broad operational investment background is essential
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, inclu
ding any applicable fair chance law.