Client Instructions and Order Management Manager - 10 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC)
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a pro-active, robust person that welcomes the opportunity to be part of establishing and developing the new Client Instruction and Order Management centre of excellence within Schroders UK Client Service Team.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
This role will be working as part of the wider UK Client Service Team supporting both Intermediary and Institutional sides of the business including Pension, Insurance, Distributor and Sub-Advised clients.
The UK Client Service Team, which sits within UK Distribution, supports Schroders UK Clients as a central point of contact into our business.
The UK Client Service Team has recently undertaken a review of the team structure to ensure we are efficiently and effectively providing an exemplary service to our clients and internal stakeholders. One of the outcomes of this review is the decision to establish centres of excellence in key areas that require more in depth oversight, control and development.
This role is the initial hire in the Client Instructions and Order Management centre of excellence and will be instrumental in building a structured and practical approach to managing a wide variety of daily instructions and notifications received from clients, and providing guidance and input into the future state of supporting systems, processes and procedures.
What you'll do
The intention of the Client Order Management and Instructions centre of excellence is to build specialist knowledge of Schroders client orders and instructions end to end process and support model.
There are two aspects to the role:
1. Daily oversight and management of the end to end processing of daily client instructions and notifications for UK Institutional clients
2. Work with the UK Client Service team and project team to develop the processes and systems to improve control and automation of client instructions and notifications
The role will provide a central point of contact and be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for client instructions and notifications for the UK Client Service team.
The daily oversight and management of client instructions and notifications requires interaction and co-ordination with a number of teams across the business and Schroders UK clients.
The role requires a high attention to detail, especially during periods of high volumes due within tight deadlines. These must be accurately understood and conveyed across the relevant teams within the business.
Responsibility to pay due regard to the interests of our clients and treat them fairly. The role also requires familiarity with FCA compliance requirements, and the principles behind 'Treating Customers Fairly'.
There will be significant involvement in project work across the business to assist with the improvement of processes, implementation, changes and controls to supporting systems and new initiatives. Collaboration with overlapping projects will be required to ensure similar processes and support models are aligned. For example, system development and improvement in management and oversight of client queries.
• To ensure all client instructions and orders are processed in an accurate and timely manner in line with the instructions or mandate whether directly by the client or through their consultant or administrator
• Identify, manage and document the process handling of all non-standard client instructions and orders
• Escalation point for all client order management issues liaising with internal and external stakeholders
• Identify, investigate and communicate errors and issues
• Provide ongoing oversight and input into client teams processes, including recommendations of changes to business process to mitigate risk and ensure consistent client and business outcomes
• Ensure operational procedures remain up to date and ensure appropriate risk mitigants and controls are in place
• Work with the UK Client Service and project teams to map current processes, identify gaps and implement short and long term solutions
• Part of working groups to develop and improve Schroders Client Instructions and Order Management within the UK and represent the UK in global change proposals
• Look to enhance existing MI and KPIs that identifies key trends and issues. This includes errors, rectification and remediation activities as needed
• Keep teams informed and up to date on all aspects of client order management ensuring they are aware of changes or new process and impact to their day to day activities and are able to inform clients where impacted
• Responsible for the continuous training of the team(s) inputting instructions into our current Global Client Notifications system
• Oversight of the Client Instructions and Order Management mailbox
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
Must have an understanding of:
• Orders, instructions and settlements processes with custodians, transfer agents and/or any third party service providers; and
• Internal lifecycle of cash transactions and orders
Prior experience required in one of the following areas:
• Client Order Management and/or Client Transaction Processing; or
• Complete understanding of the lifecycle of a Client Instruction and Settlement process for both segregated and pooled funds trading
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Business Analysis and Operational Workflow Design and Management
• Change management/ project work within Asset Management Client Services/ Distribution or Client Order Management
• Prior Client Service experience working in Client Order Management which includes client directed instructions, specifically Liability Driven Investment mandates, execution only mandates or Local Authority mandates would be beneficial
What you'll be like
• Motivated and passionate about client service quality
• Thorough understanding of Client Service operations and processes
• Displays confidence and resilience and able to interact with stakeholders at all levels
• Is able to be a role model of excellence in attitude and behavior
• Builds positive working relationships and makes a difference
• Collaborative and team driven
• Is able and willing to lead and manage small client service and project initiatives
• Challenges themselves and others constructively
• Can influence and change thinking of others
• Seeks and values coaching development / management rather than being told what to do / operating under prescriptive instruction and guidance
• Is able to manage competing demands and workloads
• Will work hard, show commitment and "go the extra mile"
• Has a desire to develop and grow beyond their current role
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.