Client Manager Nordics
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
The Client Manager - Nordics is the pivotal relationship in the Client Delivery team responsible for delivering exceptional client account management. The Client Manager is responsible for proactively managing the client account on all day to day maintenance activities to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health. The Client Manager will support the Senior Bankers/Bankers on an aligned client portfolio to ensure strong client delivery execution.
About Standard Chartered
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Provide direct support to the Senior Banker/Banker through proactive client account management of the following activities:
- Ensure the highest level of client service and risk mitigation through proactive client account management support with client on-boarding (liaising with COBAM), credit monitoring (liaising with CA COE) and flow maintenance
- Actively engage and collaborate with Clients, Senior Bankers/Bankers and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues/concerns relating to the ongoing account maintenance including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
- Provide proactive support on account maintenance activities like documentation, reporting etc by engaging and collaborating with the client, COBAM, CA, CRC, LDU, MDU, Legal and Compliance and relevant ops teams as required to ensure the clients expectations are met or exceeded
- Escalate issues/concerns relating to account maintenance activities to the CM Team Lead for follow up as relevant
- Credit (existing deals - Renewals/Amendments) & Other
- Engagement and coordination with Legal & Compliance, Credit, CRC, CDU and Clients on standard documentation requirements such as standard terms, country supplements, banking facility letter, master credit terms, supplementary letters etc
- Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard documentation from the relevant authoriser as necessary
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and validate limits are correctly loaded/reflected in TP systems
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimised (as reflected in DDW etc) and are rectified in a timely manner
- Engage and follow up with COBAM/Product Sales Manager if required with respect to any outstanding CDD related items e.g Update known changes, respond to case queries, CDD overdue, approval/review of CDD cases, etc.
Account Management & Portfolio Quality
- As a secondary qualitative measure, in the event that key client data hasn't been accurately captured by COBAM or any other data capture owners, ensure general portfolio hygiene of client data ie correct client tagging, limit information, segment classification etc in SCI, Workbench.
- Annotate on past dues and excesses daily in the portfolio. i.e. Ensure excesses/past dues are regularized on time and cash/cheques are released on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to Banker and CA.
- Review and follow up on Uunsettled (FX) Past Due Trades reports & Failed trades reports with Operations
- Support Loan Drawdown, Cash Management, LTP Trades (FI), Trade Offerings & Audit Confirmations
- Manage any client related data queries and remediation efforts, including first level escalations on account maintenance activities
- Seek transactional approvals as necessary (ie trade, cash) and release trade offerings on time to ensure faster TAT on trade transactions.
- Attend EAR (in partnership with the CA/ASTAR Review meetings as appropriate and anticipate in relevant business meetings, forums or committees as required
- Arrange for stock inspections/valuations as required
- Provide support on other projects as assigned ie CIB Client Surveys, other business initiatives
Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulations e.g. Policies and procedures in RiskPod (FATCA, Credit, BCA overdue, etc)
Identify and escalate any operational risks relating to the client portfolio account management and escalate to the CM Team Lead (In this case the Head of FI, Stockholm).
Co-ordinate with Ops/GSSC to rectify any ops related issues which can be resolved locally and issue Standard Instruction Forms (SIFs) wherever required within authority
Support AML and Credit reviews
Ensure data quality of all AML and Credit documents/files meets CIB standards to facilitate Banker decisions on risk acceptance
Escalate any identified Operational Risk issues to the CM Team Lead (or BORM in the absence of the CM Team Lead)
Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Nordics FI Network Bank team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulator [PRA/FCA] prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.