Client Money Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- World First UK Ltd
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
The Client Money Analyst role is responsible for the daily management and reporting of the cash flows relating to client money across the group and assisting the Client Money team projects.
The Client Money Analyst role is responsible for the daily management and reporting of the cash flows relating to client money across the group and assisting the Client Money team projects. The role will require previous Client money experience with a base understanding of the regulations assisting in driving forward process improvements ensuring the correct controls are in place with documentation and regular management information. This role requires the individual to develop their knowledge of global regulations allowing them to assist the team as a SME and Client money champion across the business.
Examples of Key responsibilities:
- Have complete understanding of the daily Client money internal reconciliations
- Ensure the daily internal reconciliations are completed to a high standard in a timely manner
- Liaison with IT department to improve processes and controls relating to client money
- Produce regular Management information
- Assist in producing the regulatory returns
- Proactive identification of regulatory risks
- Logging of any breaches including a root cause analysis which is documented and communicated to Senior Management
- Develop processes to ensure efficiencies
- Keep up to date with relevant regulatory developments
- Proactive in developing knowledge of global regulatory requirements
- Assist in audit work as required
- Assist in group projects where required
- Support the Client Money team as the business SME and champion
- Knowledge of FCA regulations including but not limited to safeguarding.
- Experience working in financial services
- Experience of International client money regulations (Asia, America) beneficial
- Understanding of e-money regulations and the Payment Services Directive world be beneficial
- Proactive attitude to problem solving
- Uses knowledge and initiative to assess and escalate issues
- Effective communicator
- Excellent attention to detail
- Risk identification and escalation
- Have a flexible approach to working the hours required to fulfil the role
- Working towards a professional qualification e.g. AAT, ACCA, ITM, ACT, CIMA, ICAEW
What you will get:
- Competitive salary.
- Annual performance based discretional bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off, volunteer day annually, plus 3 ‘life event’ days throughout your time at World First.
- Pension, private healthcare, season ticket loan, enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental leave.
- Company parties, Friday drinks fridge, free breakfast, and Culture champions to organise all sorts of fun activities – from free cricket tickets, to ping pong and more