Client Onboarding - Operations Team
- £20,000 to £26,000
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Cornhill Capital Ltd
- 08 Jun 18 2018-06-08
Cornhill Capital is a diversified stockbroking firm which is authorised and regulated by the FCA and a member of the London Stock Exchange. We provide access to a variety of investments for institutional, corporate and high net worth investors. The Client Onboarding role is based in our London office and will on-board retail, professional and corporate clients from both the UK and overseas. As part of the Operations Team you will be responsible account opening and will work closely with Front Office and Compliance.
JOB TITLE & GRADE: Client Onboarding (Operations Team)
REPORTS TO: Head of Operations
LOCATION: St Swithins Lane, London
HOURS: Full-time: Monday to Friday
SALARY: £20,000 to £26,000.
The Client Onboarding role is based in our London office and is responsible for supporting the on-boarding of both retail, professional and corporate clients from both the UK and overseas.
Working as part of the Operations Department you will be responsible for supporting the account opening process for new clients working closely with Front Office and Compliance.
- Initiating the on-boarding process when the client applies for a trading service.
- Processing new applications and create new client records on our Client Management System.
- Conduct appropriate ID & Verification and PEPs & Sanctions checks.
- Conduct risk-sensitive due-dilligence on the client including:
- Applying relevant country-specific legislation.
- Unwrapping beneficial ownership structures.
- Reviewing hits on sanctions data.
- Identifying PEP Relationships.
- Identifying Adverse News.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to keep them appraised of progress and communicate any additional requirement for information.
- Support periodic client reviews including updating of client records.
- Enrich and maintain client data on the company’s Client Management System.
- Support the Operations Department in general administration and settlement.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience working within financial services, preferably in a KYC or On-boarding role, with experience of account opening.
- Understanding of practices relating to ID&V and initial and ongoing PEPs & Sanctions screening.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight and changeable timeframes.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to follow through on all aspects of research.
- Experience working in a broker or investment environment.
- Studying for a professional qualification such as the CISI IOC, CII Investment Operations Certificate or other industry recognised qualification.