Our client is a leading global investment management firm who are looking to add a Client Portfolio Analyst to be an integral part of their dedicated Relationship Management Team.
The Client Portfolio Analyst will be an integral part of our dedicated Relationship Management team. They will work alongside a senior client portfolio manager, providing centralised coordination of functions to service clients across various geographies and entity types. The successful candidate will work closely with the investment strategy and business development teams, in a collaborative, non-siloed structure. The primary objective is to ensure that the client or consultant needs are met in a timely and accurate manner. We have a flat organisational structure and offer many opportunities for internal mobility and interaction with other groups. The role will be based in our London office.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for institutional clients and various internal groups alongside a senior Client PM
- Take care of clients’ day-to-day queries, initiate investigations and respond to internal and external ad-hoc queries on topics such as investment guidelines, compliance issues and portfolio/fund-specific information
- Interact closely with the investment teams to develop an in-depth understanding of Payden & Rygel’s investment approach and strategies
- Coordinate key client communications and provide portfolio updates to clients in written and verbal form, on topics such as portfolio characteristics, risks, returns, etc.
- Assist with the on-boarding of new accounts, transition management and account restructuring procedures
- Assist with the creation of presentation and marketing materials for existing clients, prospects or consultants
- Analyse data for presentations, client needs or management use, and produce customised reports
- Participate in client meetings and conference calls as appropriate and represent the company at events and conferences
- This role is suitable for a recent graduate with 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Proactive personality, strong sense of ownership and positive, self-starter attitude.
- Ability to prioritise requests, manage various deadlines and work under time pressure to deliver the highest level of service to our clients
- Intellectually curious and passionate about investing – some level of bond knowledge is favoured but not essential
- Excellent people skills - some previous experience in a client-facing role is a plus, even if it was in a different industry
- Understanding of the values and culture of an independent firm
- Strong verbal and written skills and excellent computer skills, particularly Excel, Powerpoint, Salesforce, Bloomberg and other technology applications
- CFA designation – you will be expected to pass all three levels of the exam once you join. Some progress towards achieving the qualification is a plus
- Additional European language skills will be an advantage