See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Client Regulatory Services (CRS) is an Operations function within Shared Services and Banking Operations (SSBO) and is responsible for regulatory client onboarding, refresh and screening. KYC Regulatory Refresh is the CRS team that supports the ongoing review of clients by performing regulatory due diligence and collecting data and documents required to satisfy KYC/AML requirements in multiple jurisdictions globally.
KYC Services team in London is a Level 2 escalation team and is responsible for managing the escalations related to refresh program. The team partners closely with Non Market Risk, Sales, Global Financial Crimes, Legal and Compliance, and the KYC Refresh team to contribute to the success of the Regulatory Refresh program.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Director/Operations Specialist for the KYC Services team in London.
Key stakeholders are our Fixed Income & Commodities, International Equities & Prime Brokerage and Wealth Management businesses
- Review and enrich the client remediation population - assist with sourcing missing client contacts and communicate any data discrepancies found to the program leads.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the KYC Refresh team responsible for contacting external clients to obtain refreshed AML data and documents.
- Act as an escalation point for client issues - troubleshoot cases and collaborate on solutions.
- Facilitate Regional escalation calls with Non Market Risk.
- Interact with subject matter experts to develop FAQs and standard responses to common themed queries.
- Communicate with focus clients and sales coverage to provide regulation guidance, organizing client calls where needed.
- Prioritize, track and consolidate escalations in an organized and concise manner
- Review cases before handover to Non Market Risk for assessment
- Provide updates for presentation/management materials
- Represent the team at Working Groups and Steering Committee meetings, providing progress updates. Qualifications:
- Experience of AML, KYC, and client screening in a client regulatory services function is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates should have a strong understanding of global AML/KYC policies, and experience of working in a global facing role, and working with vendor teams.
- Client relationship skills and experience in communicating with external clients
- Experience supporting Audits
- A strong risk based mindset, and ability to manage escalations. An ability to manage governance processes.
- People management experience, and experience developing/building a team and managing career conversations
- Ability to manage and work as part of a team in a fast paced environment and adapt to the needs of the team as they arise.
- Evidence of driving change and process improvement work
- University degree or equivalent with a business focus and relevant/proven experience
The salary for this role is Competitive.
The closing date for applications is 28/09/2019.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.