Client Relations SpecialistOverview
At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ 750 people and manage more than £7.8 billion on behalf of more than 60,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
The Octopus Group incorporates several businesses including Octopus Energy, Octopus Healthcare, Octopus Investments, Octopus Property, Octopus Ventures and Octopus Labs. Our aim is to have an impact in everything we do, and to make a vital contribution to the UK economy by helping people, companies and institutions generate wealth. And we're always on the look-out for smart, talented people who share our values.
Essential Job Functions
- Resolve all inbound and outbound phone queries from our range of customers (ie investors or professional third parties), ensuring the customer is always at the heart of everything you do
- Respond to all email and written enquiries from our customers, maintaining Octopus tone of voice and brand
- Take ownership for all enquiries, keeping your customer updated throughout the journey
- Help us really understand our customers and our business by regularly gathering feedback. You are empowered to propose improvements (process/ systems/ service/ literature etc.) to enhance the client experience.
- Break the mould by using your natural flair to engage with your customers, achieving trust and loyalty within a typically corporate sector
- Be self-motivated to keep up to date with Octopus' products and services, as well as industry knowledge
- Help create a fun but professional environment for you and your team mates to help take customer service to the next level
- You must have an innovative attitude towards customer service
- Organisational and task management skills are a must in order to meet our SLAs
- Opportunity to work on and deliver internal projects (eg digital improvements/process enhancements)
Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
- Substantial experience of a similar role within customer service and/or financial services
- You should have or be willing to gain knowledge relating to regulatory requirements
- Desirable but not essential - ability to gain industry qualifications
Our values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone to shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient : we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious : we seek to understand how the world works and we're always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are : and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.