Client Reporting - Nomura Asset Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Nomura Asset Management
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Job Title: Client Reporting Department: Asset Management Reporting to: Head of Operations
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs about 26,000 staff worldwide. Nomura's unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through five business divisions: domestic retail, global markets, global investment banking, global merchant banking, and asset management. For further information about Nomura, please visit www.nomura.com.
Working in the Asset Management division, the Client Reporting team is responsible for reconciliation and reporting requirements on client appointed institutional mandates and NAM's own pooled funds.
The team handles all reconciliation and reporting where Nomura Asset Management UK is designated as Lead Manager for appointed segregated accounts and our own range of funds. This requires communication with internal team and external counterparties to ensure breaks are properly investigated and resolved, and all reporting requirements are accurately completed.
Working in a team of five UK based staff, and two outsourced roles in Powai, India, the successful candidate will have a variety of tasks to complete on an allocation of accounts, usually between 7-10 in number. Tasks includes fulfilling daily, weekly and monthly reconciliation requirements; ensuring that month-end valuation data is correct for internal and external reporting requirements; and responding to queries from internal and external parties.
The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated team player with strong experience in a similar role.
The candidate must be able to prioritise individual and team work loads and deliver high quality, accurate work to meet standards required by internal and external parties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations between internal platforms and external bodies (custodians, brokers). This includes cash, stock, income accruals, FX positions, and exchange traded futures. Following up and resolving any breaks with the relevant internal / external area.
- Delivering reports for internal parties, such as client services and performance attribution. Reports include cash projection, provisional valuations, and finalised valuations.
- Issuing reports for external bodies, such as institutional clients, custodians, auditors. Reports include finalised valuations, sign-off information and transactional data.
- Accurate posting of cash items onto internal platforms (client cash flows, fees)
- Monitoring group email box to ensure queries are actioned by the team according to priority and ensuring that there are no outstanding items at COB.
- Ensuring existing procedures are kept up-to-date with changing processes.
- Generating reports to meet regulatory requirements (EMIR, MiFID II)
Skills & Experience:
- Attention to detail essential.
- Knowledge of ICON and Bloomberg AIM beneficial.
- Understanding the different components that can affect a valuation (pricing, FX rates, corporate action processing)
- Good excel skills (sorting/manipulating data, conditional if statements, Vlookups)
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with internal counterparties (e.g. UK- based portfolio managers, performance attribution, client services, other Nomura offices), as well as external bodies (custodians, auditors, clients).
- Excellent time management skills essential to ensure timely delivery of scheduled standard tasks. This includes understanding and completing requirements for peak periods. (e.g. cash reconciliations need to be completed by 10am), month end reporting ranges from BD3 - 14). However, an ability to remain flexible to meet changing business priorities is also needed.
- Ability to get counterparties to deliver with the tenacity to follow up on outstanding actions.
- Ability to quickly understand new systems, both in-house and market-supplied providers.