Client Service Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 18 Feb 19
Client Service Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. Managing over $1 trillion of client assets we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Client Service Management ( CSM) contributes to Wellington Management's mission by delivering first class client service to both institutional clients and distributors. The Client Service Manager is responsible for managing service delivery for clients and/or distributors, driving resolution of client service matters, and meeting with clients/distributors to discuss operational and servicing related activities on a regular basis. The Client Service Manager will develop a strong understanding of clients'/distributors' servicing requirements, monitor and proactively manage the relationship, including overseeing legal agreements, and evaluate the firm's client service capabilities/gaps and related risks driven by client/distributor requirements. The Client Service Manager will be a member of the Global Investor Services team (EMEA) within the Wellington Client Services Group and will work closely with our Global Wealth Management (GWM) team to meet the servicing needs of our Distributors. In addition, we expect the role incumbent to develop strong relationships with counterparts at our distributors.
In addition to working closely with the GWM team and developing relationships with the appropriate parties at the distributors, the Client Service Manager will also work in close coordination with appropriate internal constituencies to ensure client/distributor expectations are met and exceeded. This Client Service Manager will be expected to understand industry best practice by participating in industry conferences and relevant forums, and innovate processes and procedures as appropriate.
The Client Service Manager will have:
• Significant experience supporting Fund distribution business and demonstrable knowledge of the operational complexities of global private banks
• Knowledge and experience with onboarding new distribution relationships, including the legal and "Know your Distributor" requirements
• Knowledge of separate account and sub-advisory business
• Depth of expertise with complex operational related issues, capital markets, and the curiosity to continue to learn.
• Familiarity with upcoming regulatory changes within the distribution channel
• Demonstrable relationship building and collaboration skills
• Sound business judgement and the ability to synthesize complex issues and effectively balance competing objectives and risks,
• The ability to think creatively to solve business problems for clients is critical.
• Strong project management skills, influencing, consensus building and strong quantitative, written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in a European language / languages will be advantageous (French, German, Italian, Spanish)
Client Service Manager
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .