Client Service Manager - Securities Services - Asset Managers
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 14 Jan 19
Securities Services - Asset Managers - CLIENT SERVICE MANAGER
- HSBC Securities Services, UK provides industry leading global custody and investment services to corporate and institutional clients worldwide. The purpose of the role is to manage and communicate the service expectations of clients as delivered by HSS UK, to create high levels of client satisfaction through the execution of service excellence across all HSS products and to oversee the delivery of all operational services in UK and across multiple HSS locations and service components, irrespective of geographic location.
- The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that an effective client management strategy is implemented and adhered to in the UK, with the end result being a fully reference-able client base. However, the role is not limited to the service delivery aspect of client management. This role is also aimed at accountability for revenue retention and growth from new business, incremental business and cross selling HSBC products for the assigned "other" client base.
- In addition, relationship management of industry participants will be a key focus, and the role will require interaction with our marketing function to ensure market messaging is understood, and industry events are planned in conjunction with the sales and business development and product functions.
- In summary, the role will be responsible for the implementation, retention, and growth of the assigned HSS UK client base and will be both internal and external focused, with stakeholder management across operational areas a key requirement.
- Coordinate and maintain client retention efforts for all your clients that may be at risk in tandem with product management, service delivery and sales managers to ensure high client satisfaction and a reference-able client base.
- Support the broader Client Management team (including Business Implementation/ new business take on efforts) as required, drive forward the new Client Management structure including the Virtual Team roll out and manage the end to end client service framework for your allocated clients.
- Build relationship with client key decision makers and directors and other industry influencers
- Sponsor all new business approval submissions for the assigned client base and be accountable for all deal management, pipeline reporting and business approval processes and procedures. Maintain assigned client base/sector development dashboard against AOP plans.
- Support agreed service and change management oversight programs as part of the relationship governance model agreed with assigned client(s).
- Ensure proactive management of issues across all products and jurisdictions by managing resources assigned to the client in each service component or jurisdiction.
- Sponsor service improvement opportunities and prioritise change management agenda across the business for assigned clients
- Establish agreed governance framework and meeting schedules to deliver strong senior client engagement and maintain full compliance with internal controls e.g. co-ordinate completion of annual Business Risk Reviews.
- The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything we do, both individually and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
- Client knowledge, client focus, and stakeholder mapping skills
- Being a positive, helpful and driving team player
- Dependable and do the right thing
- Open to different ideas and cultures
- Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other.
Customers / Stakeholders
- To develop deep and mutually respectful relationships with senior representatives of the Service Delivery, Sales and Product communities.
- To share and leverage best practice and knowledge across regional Client Management teams.
- Maintain and enhance the reputation of HSS UK through a new effective client management model.
- Ensure that all services provided to clients are appropriately positioned and executed.
- Ensure the timely completion of new business documentation and appropriate presentation of same at the various committees.
- Ensure each product area is made aware of any operational impact of new business pipeline.
- Ensure professional approach undertaken by team members for all client pitches and client meetings leaving positive impression on all internal and external parties.
- Undertake regular internal reporting for allocated clients, highlighting service trends and efficiency initiatives.
- Implement coherent service management framework for assigned client base and communicate same to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate and manage due diligence visits from clients and investors.
- Retention & protection of existing client base and income.
- Cultivate team environment within client function & across business lines within business development & the company.
- Comprehensive MI delivered to stakeholders.