Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
The Client Service Group sits within the Operations division comprising of Client Service and Sales Support, Client Valuations, Client Relationship Management, Client Onboarding, KYC and Client Regulatory Support.
The Client Service and Sales Support team is responsible for managing the front to back client trade lifecycle process across OTC Rates, Credit Derivatives, FX and Repo products. The team provide front line support to our Sales function and external client base, actively managing and resolving client escalations. The role requires extensive collaboration with a network of departments, including interaction with internal stakeholders across Front Office, Onboarding, Middle Office, Technology, Legal and Back Office teams onshore and within our Mumbai offshore teams. Additional responsibilities include working with clients and vendors to deliver projects to enhance internal infrastructure to support clients as a result of industry and regulatory change.
This role is for an individual educated to a degree level or in the absence of that have 2 years' minimum banking experience with a good understanding of OTC Rates, Credit Derivatives, FX and Repo products. We are looking for a motivated and ambitious candidate with excellent communication skills, a good understanding of operational risk and the ability to provide exceptional client service.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work both within a team and independently in a high volume environment, understanding when to escalate. The candidate will have the opportunity to drive change and resolve efficiency gaps within our client support framework with the aim to provide innovative and automated solutions to improve STP within the trade lifecycle.
Team duties include:
* Central role in managing the front to back client trade flow managing the full lifecycle of trades
* Resolving booking discrepancies, confirmation and allocation disputes and settlement breaks for clients
* Support to the Sales desks for all aspects of operations across Rates, Credit, FX and Repo (both on and offshore)
* Working with management to maintain and develop a range of relationships across relevant sales and trading businesses and corporate functions
* Working closely with all the support functions (settlements, confirmations, client valuations, collateral management, client onboarding) to provide operational support to clients
* Actively managing operational relationships for our priority clients, being their internal point person for query resolution
* Working across departments and regions to co-ordinate and deliver process and system enhancements
* Active participation in the Front Office Supervisory framework escalating to senior stakeholders within the Business, providing effective challenge to the Business
* Oversight of offshore Sales Support teams within EMEA, ensuring they are effectively supporting our external client base
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent team working skills, with ability to build relationships and partnerships
- Ability to navigate complex data and hierarchy structures
- Control focused and good understanding of operational risk management, able to escalate effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Attention to detail, with ability to navigate multiple systems
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Previous work experience in an operational function or a good understanding of front to back operational processes
- Client oriented, with the ability to communicate at all levels internally and externally
- A genuine interest in developing a thorough understanding of the business and of Nomura's clients, as well as taking a very proactive approach to the task in hand
- Knowledge of Interest Rate Derivative products, Credit Default Swaps, FX and Repo asset classes
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.