Client Services Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- William Blake Consulting Ltd
- 17 May 19
Client Services Associate - London/Milan
- Support the company’s objective of providing high quality client relationship management and service to our institutional clients across Europe
- Work alongside Relationship Managers and other members of the European Distribution team as the primary day-to-day contact between clients, their consultants and advisors and the company's organisation
- Manage internal resources for effective resolution of issues, coordination of account activity and information gathering to answer queries
Key responsibilities summary:
- Day to day management of client accounts
- Respond promptly to client requests across a wide variety of administrative, financial, legal, investment and operational issues
- Develop a strong understanding of the regulatory issues facing clients and use this knowledge to assist the client in complying with relevant regulations and CG procedures
- Co-ordinate with internal operational and investment teams to resolve complex client issues
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally on behalf of the company at various levels within client and intermediary organisations
- Responsible for account activity - new account take-on, portfolio restructures, terminations and cash-flows, where appropriate working with subject matter experts
- Maintain client information and reporting requirements on Salesforce system
- Building Client Relationships
- Work with Relationship Managers on business planning for clients, taking primary responsibility for the creation of the written client plan
- Coordinate materials and follow-ups around the client review meeting cycle
- Other responsibilities
- Represent the Client Service Team in internal projects and working groups
- Development of best practice
- Maintain team spirit within the client service team by volunteering for projects, covering for fellow team members, and participating in team meetings and retreats
Microsoft office applications; Lotus Notes databases; Intranet/Internet; Salesforce
Various internal applications (training to be provided)
Knowledge and experience
Related industry experience
Graduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills and personal attributes
This is a key requirement of the CSA role. Strong written, verbal and listening skills are required in order to process potentially complex requests, dealing with internal parties, both the operational support units and the investment group, and in responding to external parties. Fluency in other languages is advantageous.
Analysis and problem solving
The CSA needs to have the ability to analyse issues competently and promptly. Client issues constantly expose the CSA’s to new challenges where there may be no established procedure or policy. The ability to gather relevant data, understand complex issues, identify solutions and make reasoned recommendations are important skills for the role. Solutions and recommendations need to be consistent with the organisation’s practices and objectives.
The role requires a good level of understanding of data, particularly relating to portfolios’ performance and attribution and fee structure.
Multi-Tasking and organisational skills
The CSA is required to respond promptly to queries and a range of client issues and the timing of these issues is outside the control of the organisation. The CSA is frequently juggling a number of client matters at the same time and seeking to resolve them in a timely manner. This requires a high degree of flexibility.
The CSA works within a specialist client servicing team and needs to be willing to work closely with other team members to share best practices, and to understand how other client issues are resolved. The CSA is expected to participate actively in the team, and to be open and flexible to new ideas and requests and to consider how he/she can make a broader contribution to the team.
It is essential that the CSA is able to effectively develop internal and external relationships. A CSA will create and maintain effective business relationships both with external and internal parties.
It is essential that a CSA is self motivated. A CSA will be proactive with clients and will anticipate their needs.