Boutique international investment advisor to sophisticated investors is looking for an Associate to join the Client Services team in the London office.
Overview of the Firm
Partners Capital is a leading international outsourced investment office, founded in 2001 by investment professionals seeking an independent and conflict free adviser to provide portfolio construction advice and rigorous analysis of investment opportunities. From its initial focus as the "money managers to the money managers" with a base of 70 clients, Partners Capital has grown to become an adviser to endowments and foundations as well as prominent family offices and successful entrepreneurs across the U.S., U.K., Europe and Asia.
Today, Partners Capital advise on over $30B globally and strive to deliver bespoke portfolio asset allocation and access to best-of-breed asset managers across all asset classes and geographic markets. We deploy an investment philosophy that embraces many of the powerful diversification benefits of the "endowment model" of investing. We have never operated so-called ‘in-house funds’, thereby remaining free from the conflict of interest inherent in the business models of more traditional investment managers and private banks. We are proud of this independence, as well as our track record of outperformance, the sophistication of our clients, and longevity of our relationships with them. Due to continued growth in our assets under management, we are looking to hire a Client Service Associate to work in our London office.
Associate Job Description
As a fast-growing company of over one hundred and fifty people, we are looking for someone to help coordinate investment execution activities for a range of clients, and help build our operational processes and procedures, supporting the Investment Principals and the Partners who manage client relationships.
The candidate will be an integral member of the global Operations team and will report directly to the Principals in the Client Services department. The role has a wide-ranging remit and involves working with both the broader Operations and Investment teams across all offices. The role is not client facing, all client relationships are managed by the Investment Principals and Partners, however strong communication skills are required for frequent interactions with a multitude of third parties with whom we liaise such as trustees, company directors, financial advisors, tax advisors, fund administrators, fund managers, custodians, banks, brokers, and the Executive Assistants to HNWI clients whilst assisting with the management of our client’s portfolios.
The candidate should be hardworking and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. They must be able to interact with colleagues and third parties, prioritising and completing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines. The company has a ‘small business’ atmosphere and attitude. The successful applicant should be ready for wide-ranging responsibilities in multiple areas and will be expected to be flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to contribute to the firm’s continued success.
Client Investment Execution
- Grasp a detailed understanding of the products our clients invest in, with specific attention paid to redemption requirements (incl. fund notice periods, gates, fees, lock up periods).
- Liaise with custodians, trustees and third-party administrators, to ensure investments are correctly transacted and settled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordinate internal capital calls, ensuring that clients receive the call letters with adequate prior notification for them to make the required payments by the deadline, or instruct us to arrange the payment from their custodian account.
- Ensure that authorisations to investment recommendations are obtained and all orders are implemented in a timely manner whilst maintaining the necessary supporting documentation.
- Adhere to Partners Capital execution policy and procedures.
Client Account Management
- Monitor client’s cash and securities accounts by closely managing the relationships with their custodians, trustees or other third-parties.
- Liaise directly with representatives of clients (e.g. trustees, advisors) on issues relating to their account(s).
- Track client execution through to completion.
- Ensure all transactions are recorded accurately using our in-house systems.
- Regularly update client balance sheets and review holdings versus asset allocation targets.
- Adhere to all processes and procedures to ensure Partners Capital remain compliant with all regulatory requirements, and that we fulfil all our fiduciary requirements to our clients.
- Work with other team members preparing for client meetings and dealing with client queries.
- Respond to client calls and act as support to the Investment Principals and Partners in managing client relationships, where necessary.
- Work with Principals/Senior Associates reviewing the currency exposure of client portfolios.
- Prepare detailed forward foreign exchange contract instructions as necessary to adjust and obtain the client’s required underlying currency exposure within their portfolios.
- Track currency execution to completion by comparing trade confirmations to internal systems.
- Monitor client currency exposures to ensure FX hedges remain effective on an on-going basis.
- Adhere to the Partners Capital foreign exchange hedging policies and procedures.
Monthly and Quarterly Client Reporting
- Assist with the collection of client valuation data and with the entry of key data information.
- Submit quarterly/monthly client statements to client heads for further review.
- Prepare and review annual tax reports where required.
- Respond appropriately and professionally to client queries.
- Review billing calculations to ensure they are accurate and complete, and deal with client queries as they arise.
Client Account Opening & Ongoing Compliance
- Ensure that account opening documents are completely and accurately completed and filed.
- Ensure that regulatory and compliance rules are adhered to, especially around KYC/AML documentation.
The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative skills and an active interest in investment and capital markets. A flexible, entrepreneurial approach and an appetite for challenge are essential qualities.
- Have an excellent academic record, having graduated from a reputable university with a 1:1 or 2:1 degree, as well as strong A Levels (Maths / Economics is preferred but not essential).
- Have prior experience of working within Financial Services, even at internship level.
- Have a good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel / Outlook.
- Be an articulate self-starter with strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Be able to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced investment environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and be very comfortable working with numbers.
- Have a high degree of integrity and professionalism and be a collaborative “team player”.
- Be comfortable receiving and providing feedback.
The salary is highly competitive and would include a bonus. Partners Capital is committed to development of its staff and provides extensive on-the-job learning opportunities as well as support for the pursuit of formal qualifications such as the IMC, and the CAIA/IAD as appropriate to each individual.