A reputable global asset manager is looking for a Client Services Associate to join a team of professionals focusing on UK and some European institutional clients. The opportunity is to manage a portfolio of institutional clients, dealing with queries and presenting both over VC and in person. Initially a fixed term contract, this position has the opportunity to convert to a permanent role if things go well.
- Daily point of contact for circa 10-20 institutional clients
- Working directly with clients and their investment consultants on all queries and requests for information
- Providing a prompt response to client queries which will require you to coordinate with multiple internal stakeholders across the global business, from Portfolio Managers/Investment teams, RFP/Marketing, Legal & Compliance and Operational teams, in order to obtain accurate and timely information.
- Coordination of and assistance in the production of client meeting books, ensuring any materials and meetings notes are captured in Salesforce
- Assisting with client transitions; working as part of a team to ensure the successful on boarding of new mandates
- Proven experience in institutional asset management in a client service or reporting role
- Good understanding of different asset classes and both active fundamental and quantitative investment approaches
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with clients and internal stakeholders
- Strong emphasis on relationship building, client satisfaction and service, including responding to clients on a timely basis
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all matters
- Strong analytical ability and in depth understanding of detailed investment reports, portfolio valuations, transaction statements, etc
- Desire to further career in institutional client relationship management
- Ideally candidate would hold the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) qualification or be prepared to obtain it within 18 months of joining
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM databases would be advantageous