Client Services Manager, IOO
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Client Services Manager, IOO
Northern Trust provides their clients with comprehensive Investment Operations Outsourcing middle office solutions covering the full universe of:
1. Trade services
2. Asset Services
3. Client Reporting
4. Performance Measurement
5. Derivatives operations and Collateral Management
The main purpose of this role is the ownership of IOO client service delivery to key clients through pro-active consultation, management, ownership, tracking and resolution of their current service issues and future service requirements.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the client
- Attendance and input to regular functional service review meetings to ensure adherence to the service level agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Calculation and verification of monthly KPI's and KSI's based on information received from the relevant IOO business unit
- Maintains and updates a comprehensive client log that tracks all escalated IOO client service issues and shares this regularly with the client, relevant IOO business units, client service delivery manager and senior management
- Ensures and maintains client service levels to dedicated client/s by ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of reports/information, attends operational meetings both internally and externally with key client/s.
- Acts as the first point of escalation and key client service contact within IOO - follows up, monitors and resolves day-to-day client queries/issues that have been escalated by the clients or IOO business Unit.
- Responsible for identifying, escalating (as appropriate) and addressing service issues/adverse service trends as and when they arise.
- Documents and prepares ad-hoc reports regarding client meetings.
- Provides management reporting on transactions, including statistics on volume, productivity, new developments and service impact to clients.
- Identifies potential problem situations, trends, and improvement opportunities. Recommends changes to IOO business units as needed.
- Recommends enhancements to business for client account set-up, products, or services based on inquiries received.
- Provides technical expertise for new or complex products/services and oversees the implementation of new processes to support these products/services on an ongoing basis to ensure that client needs are met.
- Cultivates and maintains a strong and pro-active working relationship with Relationship Managers, Client Service Delivery Managers and other Service Managers (e.g. Fund administration, Custody and Transfer Agency) to ensure client service needs are consistently met.
- Minimum of 5 years Asset Management experience preferably within an operational/client service environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff and management levels both internally and externally;
- Time and organizational management skills essential, including the ability to balance the demands made by a change in circumstances with on-going job requirements.
- Good PC skills including good knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements;
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to grasp new concepts and ideas quickly.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets