Client Services Support Internship ISS – London
- 92 daily rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- ISS - Institutional Shareholder Services
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
ISS is immediately seeking two Client Service Support interns to join its London-based Client Service team for a 6 month internship from February until June 2018.
Count yourself in.
Enter a world of corporate governance and responsible investment and jumpstart your career by gaining exposure to the fundamental affairs of businesses and economies on a global scale.
Why work for ISS?
For more than 30 years now, Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) has been the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment (RI) solutions for asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds, and asset service providers. Institutional clients turn to us to apply their corporate governance views, identify governance risks, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global basis.
We are truly a global company, with more than 1000 employees spread across 19 offices in 13 countries. A career in ISS gives you international experience in working with market-leading experts that enable investors to incorporate corporate governance & responsible investment in their policies and practices.
The ISS Way
At ISS, our values are not as much imposed as they are inspired. We talk about ideals in terms of how it brings our people together in a culture that upholds the interests of our colleagues, shareholders and clients. Everyone at ISS is a champion of Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Flexibility, Diversity and Client Service. When you join ISS, you are expected to exemplify these Values in a manner that informs your actions and aspirations in the workplace.
What’s in it for you?
• Learn in practice the function of the corporate governance and gain an understanding of its technical terminology.
• Receive in-depth training in the latest developments in corporate governance to fulfill your career aspirations.
• Expand your know-how in the corporate governance industry, and contribute significantly to our client work and knowledge building.
• Work in a flexible and diversified environment.
• Perform in a workplace of integrity and transparency.
ISS is immediately seeking two Client Service Support interns to join its London-based Client Service team for a 6 month internship from February until June 2018. Successful candidates will have an operations or client service background and exhibit a passion for the governance business. They should also have proven abilities to develop strong working relationships with external clients and learn ISS’ vote agency products to guide clients to better use those products/services. The successful candidates will assist the European based client service team to cover our UK and Continental European clients,
The Client Service Support intern partners with the client Consultants to bring operational, industry, and product expertise to clients, to effectively own and manage the client experience. This includes serving as the client’s primary contact with the firm, offering support and expertise on corporate governance and proxy voting solutions, liaising with ISS Operations personnel to address client needs, and participating in the client renewal process.
• Monitor and ensure client satisfaction
• Own and manage client inquiry and issue resolution process, utilizing SalesForce.com and other internal tools
• Help identify accounts at risk and create plans to ensure revenue and client retention
• Identify and communicate up-sell opportunities to Sales Team
• Perform testing of new product features
• Assess client reporting needs and coordinate report delivery
• Take active ownership of operational support for clients, including ballot and vote management, account maintenance, and vote report production
• Fluency in English is required. French or other language skills are an advantage
• A prior experience in a relevant area will be considered as an advantage
• Strong interest in finance, with understanding of financial markets and market players
• Innovative, motivated, and client-oriented thinker with strong attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite, particularly Microsoft Excel
• A team player able to effectively manage the expectations of a diverse and demanding client base
• Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skill; ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Comfortable analyzing and working with highly confidential financial data
• Absolute personal and business integrity
This internship is remunerated (£ 92 daily rate) and will run for 6 months starting from February 2018.
Interested in this great learning opportunity?
Applicants should apply online at https://jobs-international-issgovernance.icims.com/jobs/1600/internship---client-services-support/job by sending a CV in English along with a one-page cover letter. The cover letter should explain why you are interested in corporate governance, in joining ISS and why you are suitable for the role. Applications without a cover letter won’t be taken into further consideration.
Please note that due to the great number of applications we receive, we can only respond to selected candidates.
To all recruitment agencies: ISS does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any ISS employee, location or website. ISS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes