Our Institutional business provides recognised market-leading investment management solutions to pension providers. Working within the Defined Benefit Fiduciary Management team we have an opportunity for someone with experience or a keen interest, in investment management and financial services to join as a Client Strategy Analyst. You will gain excellent exposure to a highly experienced team whilst supporting the production of investment strategy and providing support to SEI’s EMEA Institutional Clients, the service being a cornerstone of our Fiduciary Management proposition.
What you’ll do:
- You will build key relationships within the Institutional team and the Investment Management Unit such as working with the sales and relationship management teams to ensure the correct data is gathered from clients and prospects for modelling exercises. You’ll understand and synthesise the data collected into working inputs for these models.
- Responsible for building and running asset liability models (ALM) to produce deterministic and stochastic modelling outputs using SEI’s ALM software. You will continue to maintain these models to keep up with changes in legislation, new regulations and asset classes.
- Work with Client Strategy Directors on the development of SEI’s Fiduciary Management value proposition. For example, by assistance in the development of effective Liability Driven Investment solutions for clients in the UK and Netherlands.
- You will support the sales and relationship management processes in the UK and the Netherlands by building end materials for presentation to external parties.
- You’ll maintain and monitor the Funding Trigger Monitoring Tools for the UK and Netherlands client bases and assist with the design and implementation of client de-risking/re-risking.
- You will also be responsible for building and maintaining other tools which will assist in asset allocation and portfolio construction.
- All SIEL employees are responsible for the identification, assessment and control of risks and risk events. Employees will maintain a good understanding of applicable policies, procedures, risk appetites and tolerance relevant to their function and or business unit, and are expected to consider current and potential risks when making or informing business decisions. Employees are responsible for the accurate and timely escalation and recording of incidents associated to relevant risks. In addition, employees are responsible for completing all required Risk Management training.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You will have demonstrable financial markets experience with a strong knowledge of interest rate products and financial modelling
- You will be highly numerate with a degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics, a quantitative area, Economics or a science related discipline
- Ideally part or near completion of actuarial qualification or working towards/near completion of CFA qualification
- Proficiency in Excel to VBA level
- Ideally possessing experience of Defined Benefit pension schemes
Attributes we value:
- Excellent presentation skills and the confidence to present to both clients and senior staff internally
- You will take great pride in your work and possess exceptional attention to detail
- A willingness and interest in helping out with work that may not be ‘strictly in your remit’
After 50 years, SEI remains a leading global provider of investment management, investment processing and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our UK office is based between the City of London and the growing technology hub of Shoreditch. The open plan nature of our office space, flowing lines and numerous art installations are designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset and are (literally) invested in your success; we know that a healthy, happy and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. We are focused on ensuring a healthy work-life balance and offer our employees benefits which include private medical care for you and your family, access to GPs online for appointments, enhanced family leave, volunteer days, access to thriving employee networks and not forgetting free fruit twice a week.
SEI Investments (Europe) Limited (‘SIEL’) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 191713).