- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- The M-Wek Company
- 11 Jun 18 2018-06-11
Business Facing Cloud Architect Banking Group, multi-franchise London, £110k Public & Private Cloud Expert for Strategic direction of the groups adoption of Cloud
The M-Wek Company is partnering with our client to recruit a Business facing Cloud Architect. A prestigious global banking group has the opportunity for someone to join a very new team and drive the strategy for the group in its adoption of the Cloud; this includes all business; Sales, Finance, Risk, IT, Operations etc. as well as functions; Applications, Data, Infrastructure, DevOps tooling and Security etc.
This opportunity will allow you to shape the strategy whilst providing the relevant technical expertise and insight a Cloud expert would have. In our opinion this is a role where you get to add real vale as a Cloud specialist and will be able to add legitimate value to the Bank in the short, medium and long term.
As you must get to know the business you will enjoy being a strong stakeholder manager conscious of the sensibilities between different areas. You will be an exceptional project manager able to balance a number of key programmes. Most of all you will have exceptional knowledge and experience of public Cloud be it AWS, Azure, Google etc. as the Bank is pushing toward the adoption of Cloud holistically.
Ideally you will have had experience either in a bank, at a Cloud provider or another major business where Cloud has been adopted at scale - though ability is the key priority, not where you have worked. You must be strategic and must be able to engender a business to adopt Cloud at scale.
The really nice to have's:
- Expert Cloud experience
- Strategic capacity and experience
- Excellent stakeholder manager able to pick up understanding of new functions
- Understand of/expertise in all of IaaS, SaaS, PaaS - mainly public (AWS, GCP, Azure) - also Private (VMware)
- Technical Engineering background
- Docker Containers experience really helpful - this is just happening
- Networking & Server experience
- Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Databases (Oracle, MSSQL)
- Web Applications services (Websphere,Tomcat etc.)
- + plenty more!
For an initial, confidential conversation on the role on this and other roles within Banking and FinTech please contact me on 0207 993 2016 or at email@example.com