The Finance on the Cloud (FotC) Programme is a multi-year programme that will transform Finance by comprehensively re-engineering the Finance operating model, core business processes and key data flows.
The role holder will be key member of the cloud delivery team.
The role holder will:
- Lead stakeholder engagement for their area of the solution
- Document the requirements of the business and ensure they are captured in JIRA including the user acceptance criteria.
- Expand the requirements into User Stories including the high level design and estimated build efforts.
- Act as the product owner on behalf of the business teams when in build (detailed technical design, coding and test)
- Ensure tractability between requirements and the delivered solution.
- Communication to the business on design choices, progress, risks & issues related to their requirements.
The development will be either waterfall or Agile depending on the component. The business analyst team will need to ensure alignment to the HSBC change methodology (BTF).
The role holder will be reporting to the Cloud Product Manager
Impact on the Business/Function
- Defining requirements for the cloud solution with the business
- Conducting analysis of data sources verses requirements
- Design, development, documentation and implementation of the cloud solution components
- Ensure cloud solution follows robust, industrialized procedures and meet the required audit and SOX requirement applicable to IFRS 9
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ability to work with all systems/data suppliers and consumers on requirements, data analysis, design, build and testing related to the system delivery
- Ability to work with IT teams at Group and regional/local level to ensure delivery to the agreed plan
- Support of the cloud product manager in managing the plan, communication, risk and issues.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Responsible for key elements of the delivery across multiple teams; therefore the role holder must be highly skilled in teamwork, to drive his/her own approach and standards
- Responsible to manage own delivery and hand offs to testers, calculation engine teams and business stakeholders.
- Develop high performance standards in cloud solution ensuring it uses best-in-class, robust solution appropriate for operational, audit and SOX needs
- Proactive identification of risk and issues impacting the successful delivery of solutions, and drive to resolve or escalate accordingly
- Excellent knowledge and interest in data and cloud tools
- Excellent ability to work with large datasets and associated tools
- Strong knowledge of banking book data structures and concepts
- Strong conceptual skills (delivery management)
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong testing ability of own deliverables
- Proven experience in software delivery within large programmes
- Ability to deliver software in an Agile iterative way within a controlled project framework.
- Demonstrated flexibility across multiple domains and functional areas
- Structured analytical approach
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and senior leaders
- Working across cultures and in matrix organisational structures
- Courageous integrity - leading with the best interest of business in mind
- Navigating - understanding and translating strategy into own team and aligning directions accordingly.
- Aspiring - being ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery and embedding them in the team
- Mobilising - authentically engaging with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
- Sustaining- making considered decisions that protect and enhance HSBC values, reputation and business