Cloud Consultant will focus on the pre-sales phase of client engagement. Breadth of skills and knowledge is required in order to obtain buy-in from both new and existing clients. You will also be driving the development and definition of GFT’s vision and go-to-market proposition for Cloud based services.
GFT is driving the digital transformation of the world’s leading financial institutions. Other sectors, such as industry and insurance, also leverage GFT’s strong consulting and implementation skills across all aspects of pioneering technologies, such as cloud engineering, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things for Industry 4.0, and blockchain.
With its in-depth technological expertise, strong partnerships and scalable IT solutions, GFT increases productivity in software development. This provides clients with faster access to new IT applications and innovative business models, while also reducing risk.
GFT is looking for a Cloud Consultant with hands on industry experience of designing and delivering Cloud Migration/Adoption implementations. Experience will include digital transformation, automation, control frameworks (e.g. security, audit and compliance), service decoupling, API, self-service provisioning and containerisation. You will have demonstrable experience of leading large scale cloud migration projects from pre sales through to project initiation. You will have experience of at least two of the following: Azure, GCP, AWS.
- Provide pre sales support for client pitches to migrate from on premise to cloud
- Help define the business case for a client to migrate to the cloud, including all areas where a client will be required to make organisational changes to achieve this (such as building a Cloud Operating Model)
- Provide application architecture and solution design leadership for Cloud Migrations and Native Cloud Application developments
- Ongoing development and definition of GFT’s vision and go-to-market proposition for Cloud based services - be a “go-to” expert for Cloud technology and solutions
- Perform hands on architectural design and implementation of complex cloud application solutions in high availability, high scale environments
- Develop Prototypes and Proofs of Concept to support, test and validate design and delivery assumptions
- Engage in architectural discussions with senior technology executives to support decision making processes; able to discuss costs, risks, benefits, opportunities and trade-offs associated with architectural options
- Providing assurance that Cloud solutions meet the Security, Compliance and Audit frameworks of the organisations GFT is engaged in – with a focus on the requirements of regulated Financial Services Companies
- Ability to provide on the ground troubleshooting and diagnosis to architecture and design challenges
- Be an advocate for Cloud technology within GFT lead the development of the Cloud engineering capability in the UK and US in addition to influencing the development of GFT’s global Cloud delivery capability
- Provide industry thought leadership via speaking at conferences and events, wiring blogs posts and white papers, and being active on social media
About the person
- A background in application or data architecture
- Some experience with on premise infrastructure would be useful
- Experience of designing, building and supporting complex enterprise applications and application estates in complex delivery environments with substantial client facing, commercial and team management experience
- Experience of designing and building complex, cloud based, enterprise applications and application estates
- Significant demonstrable expertise and experience of application architecture using at least one Cloud platform (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure, HP OpenStack, IBM Cloud)
- Experience of creating and delivering hybrid cloud application migration strategies to meet customer specific requirements
- Expert knowledge and experience of Continuous Integration & Delivery and DevOps & Agile principles and practices
- Expert knowledge of the automation technologies such as Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Xebia Labs, Octopus etc.
- A track record of delivering large, complex cloud-based application migration or development projects (£10m - £50m budget)
- Experience of working with relational and non-relational data platforms and developing cloud data migration strategies in federated data environments
- Experience of industry standard architectural frameworks and guidelines to support compliance, audit and security requirements associated with regulated industries (e.g. TOGAF, COBIT, CSA)
- A technical innovator at heart who is driven by generating new ideas and insights with a natural curiosity for new and emerging technologies and trends
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
Founded in 1987 and located in 13 countries to ensure close proximity to its clients, GFT employs over 5,000 people. GFT provides them with career opportunities in all areas of software engineering and innovation. The GFT Technologies SE share is listed in the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.