Salary: Base + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Cloud Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Azure and other cloud based platforms. You will also have strong knowledge of Power shell, automation and API and be part of a global infrastructure transformation.Team Overview
Global IT Infrastructure is responsible for running all aspects of Infrastructure for Schroders globally. We have representative support personnel in most global offices, however the bulk of architecture & engineering happens in London, Singapore & New York. We are delivering a global Infrastructure strategy and as such are building a global team.
Overview of role
The Wintel, Virtualisation and cloud (Azure) platform underpins many of our Global applications and as such the platform requires high availability, consistently high performance and effective monitoring. The platform is hosted across our global data centres however there are few global standards in place. The estate requires some redesign to in order to optimise, standardise and simplify both the technology and operational processes to facilitate a move towards automation and self service. We utilise Windows server, VMWare and Cloud (Azure) and are currently building our automation platform. The Wintel and Virtualisation estate has undergone various upgrades recently, however as we migrate into new datacentres and major projects, we are currently architecting what the future looks like. This role will work very closely with the other platform leads and engineers across the Unix, Storage and Database functions to ensure infrastructure provides the best service possible.
This role is part of the globalisation of the infrastructure and technologies team. This role will build, design, test and deliver the strategy provided by the technical authority for this vertical. They will be responsible for the globally delivery and travel to the regions will be potentially required from time to time.
• Work closely with the global leads to deliver strategic goals.
• Design, build and test the global Cloud (Azure) Wintel and Virtualisation platforms.
• Work closely with the support functions, the Storage and Unix engineers and also the DBAs to ensure all designs & deployments are globally consistent, scalable and supportable.
• Establish, document and implement global standards for hardware & configuration.
• Maintain high-levels of uptime across the platforms estate.
• Build a platform, capable of delivering automation at every opportunity.
• Have a history of working in a mission-critical environment.
• Background in financial services or similar regulated industry.
• Experienced in datacenter deployments & green field sites.
• Experienced in converged datacenter design & cloud (Azure) platforms.
• Understand the importance of metrics & statistics when measuring the performance & capacity.
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure with a strong understanding of other cloud based platforms.
• In-depth knowledge of Windows operating systems.
• In-depth technical knowledge of VMWare and competing hypervisors.
• In-depth technical knowledge of Active Directory.
• In-depth technical knowledge of Power shell, scripting, automation and APIs.
• In-depth knowledge of x86 hardware platforms including HP, Nutanix and Cisco UCS.
• In-depth knowledge of enterprise storage platforms.
• In-depth knowledge of volume management, backup, monitoring and configuration management software.
• Detailed knowledge and experience of building capacity planning and capacity management processes.
• In-depth knowledge of security and vulnerability based approach to security hardening.
• Positive attitude capable of remaining positive when under immense pressure.
• A good communicator, and able to work with teams on a journey of globalisation and automation.
• Someone who never accepts the status-quo. Someone who challenges why things are done the way they are.
• Someone who is capable of ‘green-field’ thinking. Capable of imaging how the global platform could look, and capable of creating a strategy to get us there.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note To Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV’s and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV’s sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV’s directly.