- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Feb 19
We are looking for a technologist to join the GFT team and help build out our rapidly expanding AWS business.
GFT Technologies SE (GFT) is a business change and technology consultancy trusted by the world’s leading financial services institutions to solve their most critical challenges. Specifically defining answers to the current constant of regulatory change – whilst innovating to meet the demands of the digital revolution. GFT brings together advisory, creative and technology capabilities with innovation culture and specialist knowledge of the finance sector, to transform the clients’ businesses.
We are looking for a technologist to join the GFT team and help build out our rapidly expanding AWS business. This position will be based in London but international travel may be required. The potential and variety of the work that GFT is supporting our clients with is truly mind-blowing. Ideally you will have AWS (we would accept GCP) experience but if you are strong in other areas and want to pivot your career to the cloud then we will ensure you get that chance.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in emerging technologies
- Understanding of the interaction of alternate technologies with incumbent technology (looking for industry / technology awareness)
- Strong management background particularly in technical, human resource and financial efficiency of technical solutions
- Ability to manage complex technical deliverables to meet program requirements
- Balancing best of breed technical implementation with the commercial / business schedule and work within budget imperatives
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing
- Strong technical architectural and design skills
- Identifying problems
- Programming languages: Python, Scala, Java
- Big data frameworks: Apache Spark, EMR, Hadoop
- Streaming frameworks: Spark streaming, Apache Flink, Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis
- Data science: experience delivering models in production, Juoyter notebook, XGBoost, Classification, Regression
- ETL/ELT: Airflow, Nifi, AWS Glue
- Data warehousing: Redshift, Snowflake or other MPP like Netezza or Exadata
- Cloud platform knowledge: AWS, Lambda, S3, etc.
- NoSQL and SQL knowledge: Dynamodb, Mongodb, Potgresql, Mysql, Oracle, SqlServer
- Serverless architecture knowledge: Lambda, Kappa, Kubeless
- Documentation and Process: Jira, Confluence, GitHub
- DevOps tooling: Jenkins, Team City, Bitbucket pipelines, AWS Code deploy, Chef, Terraform
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Working practices; thorough with high standards of work.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish an own a vision for our solutions.
- The ability to work in teams and knowledge of agile processes & ceremonies such as Scrum, SaFe and Kamban
- Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
- A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
Founded in 1987, the company is now represented with a global team of around 5,500 employees in Europe and North and South America. The GFT share is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange’s Prime Standard (ISIN: DE0005800601).