Cloud Platform Architect
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
Cloud Platform Architect
If you have a vision how business applications should be packaged, deployed, scaled and managed in the age of Cloud computing, we should talk. Is Cloud Native design in your DNA and are you up-to-date on the trends and developments around Containers, policy-based security and hyper-scale platforms? We're looking for someone to join the CTO office to:
– define and develop target architectures, strategies, standards and guidelines for technologies around Cloud and Platform as a Service, to achieve a cost efficient, highly automated and reliable management of our on-prem and off-prem runtime environments for our applications
– Work on interesting and challenging projects in a global environment and be responsible to shape the long-term strategy of UBS' platforms. Guiding the engineering and IT operations teams in the implementation of the processes and tools towards the target state
– perform design reviews on projects that drive architecturally significant change and ensure compliance with policies and standards
– interface with the wider architecture organization, engineering, operations and application developers to communicate and align architectures and related roadmaps and to contribute to the overall Enterprise Architecture
You'll be working in the Infrastructure and Security Engineering (ISE) CTO team in UBS.
ISE is a group-wide function which provides integrated and secure infrastructure services for UBS by offering best fit, easy to leverage, reliable and cost effective technology services and products which provide functionality, controls, processes and expertise across all business groups.
Your experience and skills
– experience and strong skills in several of the following topics (technologies and processes):
• Architecture, engineering and operation of IT platforms (infrastructure as a service, platform as a service, software as a service)
• With modern cloud concepts (hybrid cloud with mixed on- and off-premise), cloud security, efficient cloud management and reliable eco-system integration
• Reference architectures, patterns and best practice to support standardization, reuse, security, compliance and interoperability
• Automation, machine learning and applications of artificial intelligence considered a plus
– background in Enterprise Architecture, with ability to develop, structure, formulate, and communicate IT infrastructure target architectures and strategies.
– good insight into market developments and trends in information technology, such as cloud computing, container based deployment and operations of applications
– strong analytical, problem-solving, synthesizing skills and data modeling
– excellent communication skills
– passionate about IT infrastructure
– committed to work in teams and to collaborate
– technically and architecturally savvy with an appreciation for IT infrastructure services
– able to work across organizations and functions working closely together with the customers to understand their needs
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?