Cloud Solution Architect
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Jan 19
Cloud Solution Architect required for digital transformation, automation, control frameworks (e.g. security, audit and compliance), service decoupling, API, self-service provisioning and containerisation. Working as part of a multi-disciplined, client facing cloud-consulting team this role will be based in London with a requirement for international travel when required.
As an experienced technology partner, GFT Technologies SE (GFT) is committed to driving the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Drawing on our extensive knowledge of the sector, we advise the world’s leading financial institutions and develop bespoke IT solutions – from banking applications and trading systems to the implementation and support of complete platforms, and the modernisation of core banking systems. Our global innovation team also develops new business models, focusing on topics such as blockchain, cloud engineering, artificial intelligence and the internet of things across all sectors.
GFT is looking for a Cloud Solutions Architect with hands on engineering experience of designing and delivering multiple Cloud Migrations. This experience will have been gained in complex business environments where technology plays a mission critical role in the value chain.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide application architecture and solution design leadership for Cloud Migrations and Native Cloud Application developments
- Perform hands on architectural design and implementation of complex cloud application solutions in high availability, high scale environments
- Provide vendor agnostic advice and recommendations to clients on the right Cloud vendors/partners to adopt for their business and application estates
- Engage in architectural discussions with senior technology executives to support decision making processes; able to discuss costs, risks, benefits, opportunities and trade-offs associated with architectural options
Skills and Experience
- Significant demonstrable expertise and experience of application architecture using either GCP or AWS with experience of Microsoft Azure, HP OpenStack, IBM Cloud also being highly desirable
- Experience of creating and delivering hybrid cloud application migration strategies to meet customer specific requirements
- Expert knowledge and experience of Continuous Integration & Delivery and DevOps & Agile principles and practices
- Expert knowledge of the automation technologies such as Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Xebia Labs, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
Founded in 1987, the company is now represented with a global team of around 5,500 employees in Europe and North and South America. The GFT share is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange’s Prime Standard (ISIN: DE0005800601).