Collateral Based Examiner
- Commensurate with experience
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 13 Apr 18 2018-04-13
A new opportunity to join Wells Fargo's asset based lending team.
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Ireland, Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Hong Kong, London and Seoul.
The Capital Finance team based in Covent Garden, London has new opportunity for an experienced Collateral Base Examiner. The function of the department is critical in assisting both New Business and Credit in underwriting deals and monitoring credit risk.
- On site assessment of collateral risks at both existing and prospective clients to assess the financial security and identify potential areas of risk. This includes the following:
- Analysing client systems, accounting records, contracts, identifying any internal operational improvements and implementation of collateral control procedures.
- Calculation and review of eligible collateral with a view to calculating the borrowing base.
- Reporting of risks identified on a timely basis.
- Analytical review of financial records/statements and substantive testing where appropriate.
- Write-up of results and conclusions of testing and analysis.
- Perform tasks independently and objectively demonstrating knowledge and judgment.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Preferably hold a recognised professional accountancy qualification.
- Have prior experience as a collateral asset based examiner in an asset based lending environment.
- Have a strong accounting, organisational and analytical skills.
- Be able to analyse financial statements and interpret legal documents.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Be capable of managing your own time and workload.
- Be open to 25% overnights.
- German language skills an advantage, but not essential
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. As a Wells Fargo team member, you are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.