Collateral Management Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Trevose Partners Limited
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Our client is an international corporate and investment bank with a strong reputation in both Europe and Asia. Their client base is broadly diversified with revenue streams generated from a number of channels to include investment banking, transaction banking and corporate services.
Due to huge growth in some their core business lines in recent years and ambitious growth plans, they have restructured the core infrastructure to support the new business model going forward. Subsequently they are looking to hire a dynamic Collateral Associate to join their team.
Reporting into the Global Head of Collateral Management, the role will be a mixture of managing daily BAU – from margin calls, to managing CSA agreements and facing off to Front Office, as well as process and infrastructure improvements
- Processing daily margin on cash rebate and cash pool securities lending transactions.
- Monitor closely the settlements of Securities Lending trades to project the collateral requirements and to also manage collateral substitutions when requested.
- Regular communication with the Securities Lending desk.
- Ensure that all bookings are accurate and settle as agreed
- To raise changes to line management to ensure that desk procedures are kept up to date and that improvements are made when necessary in an effort to improve efficiency
- To liaise with traders, Legal, other support areas and counterparties, and strive to ensure maximum internal and external client satisfaction
- At least 5 years financial markets experience predominantly based within top tier firms’ Fixed Income (including OTC), Clearing and Collateral environments. Will have spent at least >2 years in their last position working in Collateral Management, in particular REPO/SBL & OTC margin calls.
- Good understanding of SBL (Securities, Borrowing & Lending) and Repo processes.
- Understanding of life-cycle of trade processing for Equity and Fixed Income products including trade capture, settlement and reconciliations for Securities Lending transactions.
- Use of third party platforms such as Pirum, Equilend etc for automated cash mark processing
- Strong understanding of the GMSLA/GMRA
- Detailed experience of Sungard Apex, SWIFT, Intellimatc