Collateral and Clearing Strategy Optimization
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
This team is responsible for managing cleared and bilateral trading risk and resources (including funding, capital and liquidity) across all equity, fixed income and commodity products (cash, listed derivatives, OTC derivatives and securities finance transactions (SFTs)). The team is responsible for optimizing margin and collateral requirements on bilateral and cleared positions via execution of risk rebalancing trades and posting of the cheapest to deliver (CTD) assets. The team is also responsible for managing the CCP relationships for the firm, including advocating for and structuring new products at the CCP (FX options and swaps, cross-currency swaps, securities lending, etc.), as well as ongoing monitoring of CCP risk management practices including default management. The CCSO team also partners with Sales and our key clients around expansion of existing trading businesses into clearing, most notably in SFT clearing in the US, Europe and Asia.
The advertised role is seeking a finance professional (trading/risk management experience) to help optimize and risk manage the Firm’s trading risk and resources across the broad spectrum of products and to help develop new cleared products with the CCPs and other peers. You will also:
- Devise and execute optimization strategies via risk rebalancing trades across the bilateral and cleared world (house switches, backloading and other strategies).
- Identify and manage the Cheapest to deliver (CTD) asset to post on all bilateral and cleared margin requirements using firm inventory and external sourcing.
- Evaluate risk and margin model requirements / deficiencies of existing and upcoming CCP connections.
- Engage with the CCPs as the Morgan Stanley point of contact for structuring new products across the product spectrum (Equities, Fixed Income, and Commodities).
Skills required (essential)
- Strong technical abilities to understand margin and risk management methodologies.
- Understanding/Experience trading of collateral and repo markets highly regarded.
- Structuring skills additive given the scope of the products the group covers as well as the increasing expansion of products to be cleared.
- Strong communication skills, ability to coordinate with various functional groups with the bank.
- Able to perform under pressure, think and make decisions in short timeframes and priories as required.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-JD2