- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Collections Associate - Italian Speaker
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Role
Responsible for collection of invoices from an assigned portfolio
- Collect payments from an allocated portfolio of clients utilising phone and email.
- Maintain accurate records in Cortera of all communication with clients and record detailed information pertaining to the client and events leading up to payment.
- Record accurate details of queries that arise from collection calls for referral to the appropriate internal team.
- Follow up on any queries pending with internal teams on a regular basis.
- Liaise with the treasury department (New York) to follow through allocation of monies.
- Complete and submit invoice adjustment requests for submission to the billing team (New York).
- Investigate all credit items from the assigned portfolio and submit to the relevant department
- Attend regular meetings with Manager and provide an account of progress made with collections.
- Escalate difficult collections to Manager.
Moody's Shared Services UK Ltd is among the world's most respected, widely utilized sources for credit ratings, research and risk analysis. In addition to our core ratings business, Moody's publishes market-leading credit opinions, deal research and commentary that reach more than 2,600 institutions and 16,500 subscribers around the globe.
Moody's independence and integrity have earned us the trust of capital market participants worldwide. Our ratings and analysis track more than $35 trillion of debt covering nearly 170,000 corporate, government, and structured finance securities; over 100,000 public finance obligations; 10,000 corporate relationships; and 100 sovereign nations.
Moody's maintains offices in most of the world's major financial centres and employs more than 2,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,000 analysts. The firm also has expanded into developing markets through joint ventures or affiliation agreements with local rating agencies.
- Minimum requirement of O'level/GCSE English and Mathematics
- Relevant credit control experience, preferably within a financial / corporate environment
- Relevant experience in a customer service role would be advantageous
- Strong customer orientation and an eagerness to excel
- Well developed IT skills including Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with high volumes productively and accurately
- Team player
- Client Care
- Highly organised and efficient
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organizational, implementation and follow-up skills required
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Fluency in Italian is essential.
- Fluency in another European language would be advantageous
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.