Commercial Banking, Summer Analyst, London (Europe, Middle East and Africa)
You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
UK CCB works with business and commercial clients who have annual sales ranging from $50 million to $1.5 billion, and focuses on core sectors such as Consumer & Healthcare, Industrials, Business Services, and Technology, Media & Telecomm. As a member of the Commercial Banking team, your job will be to find ways for our clients to maximize their growth while taking full advantage of Citi's banking products. Commercial Bankers are relationship-focused finance professionals responsible for understanding the wide range of complex financial issues facing our clients around the world.
In this role, the Summer Analyst will work directly with Relationship Managers, Product Sales, and Commercial Lending on a portfolio of clients. The Summer Analyst will interface with various Citi teams across the firm and around the world including credit underwriting, cash management, loans, FX, derivatives, capital markets and investment banking. The Summer Analyst is a critical team member supporting core CCB teams. Your time here will look something like this...
* Offering support in Credit Approvals (for new-to-bank and existing clients), utilizing official/internal databases. Analysing financial data using financial models including company valuations, discounted cash flow analysis, financing, comparative, and pro-forma analyses
* Collecting and analysing company information to assist transactions, including conducting industry research, revising, and organizing financial data
* Working with Relationship Managers to determine credit and cash management products to be offered to clients. Working with product, risk management and other partners. Creating pitch books, prospect memos and external/internal client related decks
* Managing existing base of key client relationships for transaction level support for Senior Relationship Managers. Solving client instructions/deficiencies and coordinate trainings (ex. CitiDirect, FX Pulse, etc.) via engagement of all Citi partners
* Working on customer due diligence / KYC for new-to-bank clients as well as existing client base. Handling documentation related to client on-boarding within the Commercial Bank. Initiating CRM workflow for account opening and other TTS products for assigned customers
* Coordinating tasks with internal and external working teams. Supporting Relationship Managers with ad-hoc inquiries and other reports. Preparing required internal documentation e.g. control and compliance regulations We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The 10 week Summer Analyst Program starts in June with an induction, after which you will be placed with the Commercial Banking team to work with for the duration of the Program. We want to hear from you if...
* You are due to be graduating in 2022
* Expected to achieve or have achieved a 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level in any degree discipline.
* You achieved a minimum of 128 UCAS points from one of the following: 3 A-Levels* / 5 Scottish Highers** or 32 points for International Baccalaureate or 75% in your European Baccalaureate or equivalent
*top three grades sat in the same year and first sitting over 2 years (excluding General Studies)
** from your 5th year at school Who we think will be a great fit...
We're looking for motivated individuals, who are eager to start their careers at a global organization, tend to think globally, and have an innovative outlook on business. We know that anyone, not just those with business degrees can have a knack for business, so we're open to all disciplines and candidates with diverse work experience. We'll also be looking for the following:
* Ability to work both independently, as well as on a team
* Organizational skills, a high degree of self-motivation, initiative, and leadership potential
* Ability to prepare deliverables for meetings with high profile clients and executives while exhibiting professionalism, maturity, integrity, and insight throughout interactions with the clients
* Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service and relationship-building skills
* Innovative and creative problem-solving ability
* Intellectual curiosity
* Cooperation and focus in achieving group and client objectives
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
Applications will close on the 15th November 2020. We will begin to review applications before the deadline and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary. The role will be based at 33 Canada Square Canary Wharf - London, E14 5LB, United Kingdom.
Before you apply have you visited our ' Career Inspiration Page'? Head over to learn more about life at Citi, ask a question or get handy tips from the previous Q&A
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer