Commodities Application System Engineer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The key responsibilities for the Senior Application System Engineer include:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Be part of an Agile team and contribute to the build of the new pricing and risk management capabilities to support new products. Maintain and enhance existing capabilities to support demands of existing businesses.
- Understand the user requirements and help write epics and user stories by example for product owner
- Track and maintain metrics such as code coverage, system performance and system security
- Contribute to design and implementation of application solutions
- Hands-on programming work for development projects
- Contribute to implementation and enforcement of best practices related to standards and control of software code, testing and release management
- Release to production and provide second line support to production system support team
Required experience, qualifications, and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from a top tier university
- Significant experience in developing robust, distributed, scalable, high quality production applications
- Ability to design and build smart, scalable solutions under aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work with sales and trading end users on the trading floor
- Team player who collaborates well with other teams in Technology
- Experience in test driven development, micro services, messaging middleware, GUI and relational databases
- Strong hands-on ability on application development using Java
- Java 8, Spring Boot, React JS, Kafka, Elastic search, Mongo DB, Netflix OSS, Docker, monitoring tools such as ITRS
- Strong hands-on ability on relational database development, like Oracle, Postgres SQL
- Experience with Agile way of working
- Experience with DevOps
- Good written and spoken English
- Good knowledge about financial markets, collateral management and trade lifecycle is a big plus
Preferred Qualifications, but not strictly required
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
- Financial Markets knowledge and work experience
- Experience and knowledge of Commodities trading business
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Google App Engine, Hadoop, Microsoft Azure)
- Interest in new IT technology for programming
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL, NoSQL structured data solutions, Data Warehousing and ETL tools, Network, and file system protocols
- Experience in Groovy, Perl, Python, Ruby or other scripting languages
- Experience with picking and applying good software practices like test driven development (TDD), continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Strong communication and client facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment and build relationships
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.