Communications and Training Manager Large banking client London based 12 month initial contract
The Basel 3 reforms Communications and Training Manager will contribute to the Finance Change & Implementation approach with particular emphasis on stakeholder and end user community communications and training activity to drive effective transition of business, finance and risk processes and policies to the new operating model. They will manage the execution of the cross-functional training and internal / external communication strategy, working across functional and geographical boundaries in partnership with business stakeholders, the roleholder will ensure that the execution of the strategy is audience appropriate and timed to effectively prepare all impacted parties for the transition
- Developing and executing Finance-wide change adoption activity including communications & training to ensure all impacted stakeholders are fully engaged, ready and willing to adopt change into BAU across all workstreams and in-scope jurisdictions.
- Link training and communications to transition plans to support all significant programme implementation events across the Global Businesses, Finance, IT and Risk, and across regions. Influence the implementation approach, considering all change impacts including people, process, organisation and technology.
- Maintain awareness of Finance and bank-wide new and emerging initiatives that could impact the B3R communications & training strategy.
- Deliver concise and effective communication and training plans, materials and delivery in accordance with the strategy, that is audience appropriate and timed to effectively prepare all impacted parties for the transition.
- Monitoring progress against plan.
- Proactively identifying, resolving and/or escalating issues, in partnership with Finance Change Delivery.
- Drive a robust and structured governance framework.
- Drive the adoption of Business Transformation Framework (BTF) standards.
- Significant prior experience in successfully defining and delivering C&I /communication and training strategy / framework within a Finance or Risk context
- Excellent communication skills (including oral, technical writing and presentational) with knowledge of training and learning methods and media, with proven ability to explain complex concepts to others in a concise, clear and simple manner
- Ability to influence and drive strong Finance and cross-functional teamwork
- Proven experience in delivering complex, large scale change within a financial services environment and an appreciation of regulatory and compliance imperative
- Strong leadership, management, decision-making, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills including the ability to listen to and influence stakeholders at all levels, and to build consensus among a wide range of internal and external customers with conflicting priorities
- Strong cross-Finance knowledge and experience.
- Exceptional drive, motivation and commitment and focus on operational excellence
- Relevant knowledge of the Group's Finance function in multiple locations
- Proven ability to quickly build productive relationships across a wide spectrum of disciplines in a cross-functional and / or global organisation or project