Company Secretarial Assistant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
Company Secretarial Assistant
Leading the way in International Banking. With more than 86,000 employees in 68 countries, and a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets, Standard Chartered is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India. See our history
We have an opportunity to join Group Corporate Secretariat's ("GCS") UK central team, providing high quality company secretarial advice and support to ensure compliance with relevant legislative, regulatory requirements and GCS internal policies. The role includes a broad range of UK and international regulatory/statutory compliance activities and tasks such as preparation and review of minutes and papers, meeting logistics, regulatory/statutory filings, annual reports, stock exchange announcements and maintenance of company information on Blueprint OneWorld.
· Portfolio management of certain UK and Dutch subsidiary companies, including preparation and review of minutes, meeting logistics, statutory filings, annual accounts and maintenance of company information on Blueprint OneWorld.
· To provide high quality advice on GCS policies and a wide range of regulatory/statutory compliance requirements (including UK Companies Act and international requirements).
· To undertake general company secretarial matters, including corporate representatives, powers of attorney and periodic regulatory filings.
· Support the Head of Data Governance with the management and oversight of the function's Blueprint software database, including enhancements and testing, identifying opportunities for improvement and collaborating with data users to understand their data needs to ensure regulatory compliance.
· To deal with tasks and general queries from within the Group's network which come through the secretariat email inbox, including the provision of Group entity information, delegated authorities, document execution and subsidiary governance.
· Lead and/or provide support on various departmental/regulatory tasks and projects including the impact assessment of new regulatory requirements / statutory obligations or consultations, internal communications.
· Support the Head of Advisory in projects and tasks associated with the Group's UK/HK/India stock exchange listings. This includes the release UK stock exchange announcements, collaboration with the regional company secretariat departments in relation to the Hong Kong Listing Rules and the Indian Depository Receipt Listing Rules, and providing advise on UK Listing Rules and Disclosure and Transparency Rules and Market Abuse Regime.
· Proactive support to the Head of Advisory in acting as an expert adviser on the Group's Sources of Authority Framework, including providing advice on appropriate delegated authorities and facilitating relevant board approvals.
· Support the Head of Advisory with the Change to Group Corporate Structure approval process, including acting as a "trusted advisor" to stakeholders in connection with the approval process and providing guidance and support in connection with transaction related documents.
· Ensuring that GCS keeps pace with developing and emerging best practice, new legislation, regulatory and corporate governance developments, including preparation and drafting reports and papers on relevant matters, holding masterclasses for secretariat colleagues.
· Assist relevant stakeholders within GCS to drive improvement in GCS processes (through process improvement initiatives).
· To assist with the sampling and testing of controls to ensure compliance with agreed Operational Risk Framework controls and standards and GCS policies.
· Head of Group Secretariat
· Head of Data Governance, GCS
· Company Secretaries / Responsible Persons
· Directors and Accountable Executives for his entities
Group Functions - particularly Group Corporate Development, Group Legal, Group Treasury, Group Finance and Group Tax
Qualifications / Skills / Experience:
· Chartered Secretary with good core company secretarial technical knowledge and experience of working in a corporate secretariat, preferably within Financial Services or a fast paced UK listed company of substantial size and complexity.
· Good working knowledge of Blueprint OneWorld.
· Good interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels and between different cultures
· Strong IT skills
Key Behaviours and Competencies:
· Able to build relationships at all levels.
· High level of sustained personal motivation.
· Ability to plan and manage deadlines.
· Able to work effectively within a collaborative environment.
· Common sense and practical approach
· Good attention to detail and problem solving skills are essential in this role
· Ability to identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement
· Discretion and confidentiality.
· Responsibility, perseverance and flexibility.
· High standards of professional integrity.
Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience