The Company Secretarial Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the Company Secretary and the UK General Counsel to ensure all secretariat and corporate governance responsibilities are completed effectively and efficiently. This new role will be pivotal within SIEL’s small but expanding Company Secretariat team. It will have exposure to all parts of the business, working directly with SIEL’s Senior Management Team and be central to the firm’s governance arrangements.
What you'll do:
• You will support the Company Secretary in the effective and efficient provision of secretariat services to the Board, its sub-committees and several other executive and management committees, including:
• Carrying out all relevant scheduling and organisational activities;
• Preparing agendas;
• Coordinating the production, collection and circulation of papers;
• Attending management committees and other working groups; and
• Minute-taking, record-keeping, and ensuring that there is effective follow through on all relevant matters arising.
• Oversee and update statutory registers, records and books for SEI’s four UK-registered entities.
• Deliver a comprehensive range of support activities, including: managing and prioritising the secretariat’s workload to ensure timely delivery against deadlines, and resolving and/or escalate ad-hoc issues as appropriate.
• Represent and communicate on behalf of the company secretariat, as appropriate.
• Handle correspondence and documentation for the company secretariat, including information and materials of a sensitive and confidential nature, using a high degree of professionalism and discretion.
• Managing projects, researching and preparing reports and presentations, as appropriate.
What you bring to the table:
• Degree in law or accounting (or similar discipline).
• Demonstrable experience working within a company secretariat or corporate governance function – ideally within a regulated FS environment.
• Solid understanding of UK company law legislation and corporate governance requirements. Understanding of regulation would be desirable but not essential.
• Experience in coordinating and attending committee meetings, including minute-taking and follow-up action management.
• Interested in becoming a Chartered Company Secretary and/or Chartered Governance Professional.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• A high degree of professionalism and discretion.
• Self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative.
• Excellent organisational, time management and prioritisation skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot and provide solutions with sound judgment.
• Ability to research, digest, analyse and present materials clearly and concisely.
Attributes we value:
• Sound judgment
SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more…
After 50 years in business, SEI remains a leading global provider of investment management, investment processing and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our UK office is based between the City of London and the growing technology hub of Shoreditch. The open plan nature of our office space, flowing lines and numerous art installations are designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset and are (literally) invested in your success; we know that a healthy, happy and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. We are focused on ensuring a healthy work-life balance and offer our employees benefits which include private medical care for you and your family, access to GPs online for appointments, enhanced family leave, volunteer days, access to thriving employee networks and not forgetting free fruit twice a week.
SEI Investments (Europe) Limited (‘SIEL’) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 191713).