About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Job Purpose Statement
The purpose of the role is to provide administrative assistance to the EMEA Company Secretarial team. Role Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
- Prepare and coordinate material for board meetings. This includes:
- Creating and updating Rolling Agendas based on past board meetings
- Liaising with presenters regarding the submission of board materials, in conjunction with the Corporate Secretaries
- Coordinating and reviewing meeting material, in conjunction with the Corporate Secretaries
- Assembling electronic board books on BoardVantage
- Updating and maintaining the BoardVantage system
- Dafting and reviewing certain board papers
- If requested (i) arranging speaker attendance at appropriate times in the meeting (Ii) presenting Board Pack on line.
Companies House (UK and International) Filing. Be responsible for:
- Ensuring data is kept current
- Inputting data in the system
- Creating/customizing searches and reports
- Checking for and correcting errors in the database
- Undertaking annual verifications of company information
- Liaising with the Corporate Secretaries and the Lines of Business to maintain and enhance the functionality of Diligent.
Directors. Assist with:
- Filing Confirmation Statements and standard forms at Companies House
- Ensuring the accuracy of the information stored at Companies House
- Liaising with Companies House as and when issues arise
- Printing and posting annual accounts to Companies House
- The preparation of Board Evaluation surveys
- The preparation of Skills Evaluation surveys
- Drafting appointment and resignation letters
- Liaising with PAs over director availabilityand setting up meetings incliudong remote access via Microsoft Teams or similar.
Key Capabilities To be successful in this role you will have....
- Proofreading board minutes.
- Drafting Committee and standard board minutes, including skeleton minutes for the Corporate Secretaries, and corporate processes
- Create, organise and maintain soft and hard copy company files
- Booking and preparing meeting rooms, including the provision of refreshments for Board meetings
Desired Capabilities If you also had this, it would be great....
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office suite of applications, as well as the ability to learn new computer applications
- Strong reading comprehension skills and an understanding of technical content
- Strong command of the English language and ability to draft documents to tight time deadlines
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, including working directly with members of the Board of Directors, executive officers and administrative support staff
- Be a team player willing to help colleagues and contribute to the success of the wider team
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Some experience of working in a company secretarial team
- Experience with database management
- Some knowledge of the business and regulatory environment in which Columbia Threadneedle Investments operates