Compensation Team Lead - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Nov 17 2017-11-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is one of the world’s largest diversified financial services companies, with a reputation for excellence in advice and execution on a global scale. The firm maintains leading market positions in its three primary businesses – securities, investment management and credit services. With more than 1200 offices in 41 countries, Morgan Stanley connects people, ideas and capital to help clients achieve their financial aspirations.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Firm Human Resources is committed to recruiting and retaining talented individuals and positioning them to excel. Our HR professionals provide a full range of services including: human capital planning; creating strategies to attract, develop and reward employees; promoting a diverse workforce; fostering employee engagement; designing competitive pay and benefit plans; and proactively addressing employee matters.
This role will lead the EMEA Corporate Compensation and Business Unit teams. The teams support HR in the management of compensation, regulations, reporting and planning. The teams provide specialist technical expertise, advice and support to a variety of crucial regional processes.
• Manage daily activities of the teams
• Maintain relationship with onshore/offshore Service Centres
• Along with Regional Head set strategy for each team and put action plan in place to achieve desired outcomes
• Define team standards and provide appropriate feedback to team in timely fashion
• Provide subject matter leadership to senior HR stakeholders and Business Units
• Propose appropriate solutions/responses to Regulator queries
• Liaise with Regulatory Policy/Governance team to ensure MS is reporting correct data in appropriate timeframes to Regulators
• Manage submission of all tables for Regulatory filings
• Coordinate severance accruals with NY and Financial Controllers
• Be up-to-date with new legislation and summarize from a compensation/data perspective
Business Unit Compensation
• Design and implement compensation solutions to address challenges faced by stakeholders within regulatory parameters
• Management of year-end total compensation review process and management of monthly accrual processes
• Market data analysis
• Work with New York & Asia counterparts to ensure global approach to compensation processes
Skills required (essential)
• Experience managing teams of 3+ team members
• Thorough attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills (can handle multiple tasks and projects at the same time)
• Good time management and organisational abilities
• Excellent communications skills; verbal & written. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of direct interaction with clients and will be comfortable discussing and presenting materials.
• Excellent analytical skills (able to develop and produce meaningful reports from multiple streams of data)
• Advanced Excel skills
• Intermediate MS Access skills
• Experience of Business Objects or similar business intelligence tools
• Poised and self-confident (not afraid to ask questions or speak-up)
• Enjoys high volume, fast paced, dynamic environment
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL1